“It hurt so much”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“It hurt so much”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have never walked out of a massage, but I can honestly say that not one minute of this was enjoyable. SO painful. The next day I have bruises. Never again.

Visited October 2012
JasperJunior, English speaking friend of owner at IMAN Intuitive Bodywork & Spa, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Nyoman is deeply sorry that the massage you received hurt. While we pride ourselves on a firm deep tissue massage, all our masseurs are trained to ask whether you are comfortable, and whether the pressure they are applying is OK for you. I wonder why you didn't say something during the massage?

• Indonesian first
Valla, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best value massage”
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

We were introduced to this place while staying in ubud for a couple weeks. We could not stop having massages here. I heard some construction noise once but the massage was so nice it didn't matter. English wasn't always well understood but for the price was excellent value and just loved the tea before and after, can't wait to go again one day.

2 Thank Sam C
Ubud, Indonesia
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Like "Average" I was expecting great things based on the reviews.

With all the doors and windows open I could hear all the construction going on next door and the motor scooters screaming past. The music stopped halfway through because some other client didn't like it! I could hear all the goings on in the reception area too.

While the massage was good the atmosphere spoiled it and as I paid the extra to have Nyoman I was pretty disappointed.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank worldlywisenz
JasperJunior, English speaking associate of owner at IMAN Intuitive Bodywork & Spa, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
We are sorry that the construction next door spoiled your enjoyment. The work will be complete in October and, in the meantime, we are asking that the site keeps noise to a minimum, turns off machinery when we have clients and keeps radios down. During this period, we also offer massage at your hotel / villa / guesthouse; our staff bring everything, including massage tables.
Perth
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Average”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

After reading all the wonderful reviews we decided to make the trip to Iman's Spa. Bookings are required.

We underestimated the distance and were left to walk the length of the street.

Once we arrived, the staff seemed upset that we had decided to change the treatment we were after. I decided on the rehydrate treatment for an hour and a half. I was surprised to have a male perform my treatment and this made me slightly uncomfortable.

The products they used were not anything special - i literally had cut up cucumber slapped over my body, and it was uncomfortably wet and smelly. The flower bath at the end was not very generous. The rooms are poorly decorated and the staff were joking around loudly and seemed eager to leave.

Would not return here again.

Visited January 2012
Taichung, Taiwan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“ok message”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I liked the massage but my wife didn't. It's a little far away from town so we have to take taxi. the room is dark and no view. It's also noisy there because the other room was under construction. The price is more reasonable than another spa we went later in Semiyak.

Visited March 2012