“Disappointed”

40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Like "Average" I was expecting great things based on the reviews.

With all the doors and windows open I could hear all the construction going on next door and the motor scooters screaming past. The music stopped halfway through because some other client didn't like it! I could hear all the goings on in the reception area too.

While the massage was good the atmosphere spoiled it and as I paid the extra to have Nyoman I was pretty disappointed.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank worldlywisenz
JasperJunior, English speaking associate of owner at IMAN Intuitive Bodywork & Spa, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
We are sorry that the construction next door spoiled your enjoyment. The work will be complete in October and, in the meantime, we are asking that the site keeps noise to a minimum, turns off machinery when we have clients and keeps radios down. During this period, we also offer massage at your hotel / villa / guesthouse; our staff bring everything, including massage tables.

• Indonesian first
Perth
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Average”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

After reading all the wonderful reviews we decided to make the trip to Iman's Spa. Bookings are required.

We underestimated the distance and were left to walk the length of the street.

Once we arrived, the staff seemed upset that we had decided to change the treatment we were after. I decided on the rehydrate treatment for an hour and a half. I was surprised to have a male perform my treatment and this made me slightly uncomfortable.

The products they used were not anything special - i literally had cut up cucumber slapped over my body, and it was uncomfortably wet and smelly. The flower bath at the end was not very generous. The rooms are poorly decorated and the staff were joking around loudly and seemed eager to leave.

Would not return here again.

Visited January 2012
Taichung, Taiwan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“ok message”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I liked the massage but my wife didn't. It's a little far away from town so we have to take taxi. the room is dark and no view. It's also noisy there because the other room was under construction. The price is more reasonable than another spa we went later in Semiyak.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank CH H
Perth, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Ok”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I had a massage and scrub here one morning. It was a pleasant enough experience, but based on earlier reviews I was expecting something special. Maybe it was because it was not the master perfoming the massage, but I thought the massage was no better but certainly not worse than any other I had experienced.

There was also construction going on and the noise was irritating when trying to relax for a massage, and the flower bath afterwards.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank DavoPerth29
Davo, Certainly we price our massages accordingly, as "the master", Nyoman, is in high demand. Nevertheless, we expect *all* our masseurs to deliver not just an OK massage, but an excellent one. If every you visit in future, please be sure to pass on such feedback in person; in fact, we now ask our staff to ask YOU for feedback at the end of every massage. Regarding the noise, we are sorry that the construction next door spoiled your enjoyment. The work will be complete in October and, in the meantime, we are asking that the site keeps noise to a minimum, turns off machinery when we have clients and keeps radios down. During this period, we also offer massage at your hotel / villa / guesthouse; our staff bring everything, including massage tables.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Just the right pressure on the sore spots”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I had the 1 hour deep tissue massage after a tiring hiking trip the day before. The masseur use just the right amount of pressure on the right sore spots and really helped to relieve the aching on my legs and thigh muscles. I had tried other spas around Ubud and Kuta, and i find that the masseurs here are more skillful although the environment is comparably more simple and understated compared to other spas.

Visited June 2012