Review Highlights

Reviewed 6 days ago
Peter B
Clyde, New Zealand
via mobile
A unique way to see and learn about Bali

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Lauren B
Burlington, Vermont
via mobile

All reviews bob's wife dewa bob coffee plantation down hill rice coconut pancakes his team family compound delicious lunch mostly downhill back roads stop traffic gentle downhill downhill ride wealth of information great ride great guide
Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

From pick up to drop off this was a superb day. We had a 7am pick up driving us to breakfast where we could sample all the different Bali tea and coffees including the Cat poo coffee for an extra 5000ird around $5nz. Then on to pickup the bikes stopping at various scenic spots on the way. The bike ride is mainly down hill with a couple of short hills to manage but you can easily walk up. At the end of the ride lunch is served at the owners house prepared by his wife. Local cuisine and very delicious. Local Balanise music played by a young boy. It was then back into the van for our drive back to the accommodation arriving around 345pm. All this for around $40nz pp what value and a very much thing to do to ride through rice paddies and villages seeing the local way of life.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A co-worker recommended touring Bali by bike which she had done on her honeymoon, so I turned to TripAdvisor for advice, and found this tour. Dewa (aka Bob) and the driver (unfortunately I can't recall his name) were very friendly and answered all my questions about what we saw on the trip, as well as questions about their culture and way of life. I enjoyed the rice fields and small villages we passed through as I witnessed what daily life is like in Bali, which would not be part of a typical tourist trip. We ended the bike ride at Dewa's house with a feast waiting for us, all prepared by his wife; it was delicious! After others in my group left, Dewa showed me around his family's compound and explained how it's organized by family member. I appreciated him taking the time to tell me more about Balinese culture since I asked questions througout the trip. Highly recommended for solo travelers (like myself) or families (I was with a family with pre-teens). Another nice touch: pick up and drop off at your hotel.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had the most amazing experience on our Bali on bike tour with Dewa. He was so kind and made us feel so safe, confident and gave us so much information. This is the perfect way to see Bali and with such an amazing guide it was the best experience we have had in Bali.
THANKYoU bobs wife for the amazing delicious food
And we would like to wish dewa all the best for his new baby
Thanks
Amy and Sam

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have just finished doing our Bali on bikes tour. It was so much fun, I really enjoyed the whole trip. They pick you up from your hotel, take you to the coffee plantation. This one is really nice, they aren’t forceful, talk you through the process with no pressure to buy anything & bring you some delicious coconut pancakes. Our tour guide Dawa was great, his English was perfect & he was very informative. The bike ride was easy & the scenery was breathtaking. The lunch was one of the nicest things we’ve eaten in our whole trip & that’s saying something. Totally totally recommend

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Bob was a fantastic guide who also was very informative. The bike ride offered up beautiful scenery and mostly down hill. The lunch at Bobs house at the end of ride was delicious and topped off nicely with a well deserved Bintang! Highly recommend this tour for families as our 10 and 14 year olds found it great too.

1  Thank Kristinnz74
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful day we had. Our 7 and 10 year old loved it. Highlights were the delicious lunch, visiting the rice fields, marigold fields, and school. Easy ride for kids, mostly downhill.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

My hubby and I and our twin 9 year old boys really enjoyed every part of this trip which consisted of more than just bike ride.
We stopped at some rice terraces for some photos and then stopped a at coffee plantation, sampled all sorts of teas and coffees. My kids found it fascinating that some of that coffee came from the poo of the Luwak (cat). We decided to by pass the viewing of Mt Batu and get into the bike ride itself as we all decided to do the giant swing also located at the coffee plantation. The ride itself was easy (mostly downhill) with a few step rises to contend with but easy enough to push the bike up if you can't ride it or the truck that follows behind can assist. Bob was a fantastic even when my hubby snapped the pedal off one of the bikes Bob came to his first aid rescue and was really concerned for him after a bit of blooded toes. But he was fine and we continued the ride no problem. The track we took was picturesque and appeared to be mostly away from any other tourists which was great! Through villages and passed rice fields. Lots of info on Balinese culture from Bob along the way. Highlight of the trip, lunch at Bob's house (and a tour through his family compound) cooked by his wife a sumptuous treat of delicious food even scored a Bintang after a sweaty hot day! This day was probably the highlight of our family time in Bali enjoyed by all
$140k rupiah =$140NZD approx. Value for money for sure!
Stay away from the big commercialized tour groups and go with Bob..you wont regret it.

Reviewed September 24, 2018

It was a great day out from start to finish. The personalised and safe, professional service made for a fun and very informative day in the delightful countryside. The coffee plantation visit before the leisurly downhill ride and then a delicious Balinese style lunch at Bob's place after the ride were special treats..THANKS...we thoroughly recommend this adventure.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We were delighted to do this tour with BOB. The biking was good, along great rice terraces far away from touristic sites. Futhermore from 8am to 2pm, he was willing to share with us his culture and traditions. Besides, the food was excellent with many traditional plates and he and his wife had a special attention for my birthday :)
We recommand BOB at 100% !

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

We had an excellent time with Bob.
He took very good care of us. We sent an email the day before to tell we didn't want to be with all the touristic crowd. He changed his plans to make the tour more quiet and peaceful ! Just for us.
He spoke a very good english to answer all our questions. The visit of his house was interesting and food amazing ! Thank you Bob !!