Review Highlights
Great trip with amazing lunch

We have just finished doing our Bali on bikes tour. It was so much fun, I really enjoyed the whole... read more

Reviewed yesterday
sazzlemich
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
via mobile
Bali on bike

Bob was a fantastic guide who also was very informative. The bike ride offered up beautiful scenery... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Kristinnz74
Tauranga, New Zealand
via mobile

All reviews bob's wife dewa bob coffee plantation down hill rice coconut pancakes family compound delicious lunch mostly downhill back roads gentle downhill stop traffic wealth of information great ride great guide mt batur light breakfast
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I can't say enough great things about this trip.

I was staying one hour away from where the tour takes place, and they arranged to have a car pick me up from my hotel for no extra charge. The driver was absolutely punctual - calling me five minutes before the scheduled pick up time. He was extremely kind as well and spent the entire car ride answering my questions about Bali.

I arrived at their place in Ubud to meet up with the rest of our group - we were a total of six people. The tour starts off with a trip to a coffee plantation to see how the it’s made. Even though I don't drink coffee or tea, the samples were so tasty I felt it would be an absolute sin to leave empty handed. I ended up buying seven different items! We left from there to get an incredible view of a volcano which kept the picture takers amongst us busy.

We then headed to the drop off zone to start our cycle ride. The roads and views continually changed, from bumpy downhill roads passing alongside farmers working in rice fields, to smooth stretches that cut through villages. One of the major highlights for me was giving high fives to the young students in the villages we went through who would scream “hi” and beam huge smiles as we zoomed past. The entire time we have vehicles from that company accompanying us to move ahead and direct traffic for us as was needed.

After working up a good appetite, we headed over to Bob’s village where we got to meet the owner of the operation – Bob. We eat lunch at his house – cooked up by his wife who used to be a chef at a luxury hotel - and Bob offers water, and Bintang for those want to celebrate the journey. We spent a good hour and a half chatting amongst ourselves, and Bob and Moon gave us the real inside scoop of what makes Bali tick. I learned more in that chat with them than reading the dozens of websites I had before my trip down.

Bob, Moon, and all their staff are unbelievably friendly, genuinely kind people. The trip is a really memorable way to see Bali. I shall be recommending this to anyone who asks me what to do in Bali.

Ussama

1  Thank Ussama T
Reviewed March 12, 2013

On my daughter's recommendation we contacted Bali on Bike. Our guide,"Moon" and his driver did a terrific job of showing us parts of Bali. He was very informative and personable. We loved seeing the different temples and villages as we biked down from the volcano. Moon stopped at a typical compound and showed us how a family lived in the countryside. At the end we went to the owner Dewa Bob's compound and had a delicious Balinese lunch. It was a wonderful day.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

A little background before I get into this review. I contacted Bali on Bike via email prior to arriving in Bali and the Owner, Bob was very helpful and responded to my emails quickly and efficiently. I'm a big planner and don't use travel agents so this made me feel good about the trip; plus all the previous positive reviews. I'm staying at The Conrad in Nusa Dua which is paradise so leaving the property and into the heavy traffic is not enjoyable. Upon arriving in Bali I contacted Bob and confirmed my bike tour and the driver was waiting for me at 7am as promised. We drove apx 1.5 hours to Ubud to meet the guide, Moon, and p/u the bikes. We then drove @ 30 minutes to the top of Kintamani. It was very cloudy and overcast so we couldn't see much due to the weather. Oh, prior to that we stopped at a Coffee Plantation place. Walking around the property is pretty cool as they have all the vegetation marked; coffee, black pepper trees etc. They also have exhibits set up and a lady roasted coffee beans over an open fire. They then gave you a large tray of apx 10 different teas & coffees to try. Then they walked you to a gift shop to look around.
Now the bike tour.....the bikes were fine, but the 1st half of the trip was a bit ruff. The roads & trails are horrible & very bumpy; so much so that my bike chain kept popping off. We stopped at a working farm and toured their property. This is where I had to say to myself; "your in rural Indonesia and not in America or Europe etc". I got to see their cows, pig & chickens and met the family. Everyone seemed ok, but the people were dirty/ruff and they buildings were in disrepair.
My guide Moon spoke decent English and our driver Yoga followed us in the van. They were both great and did anything you asked; provided water, bananas, took pictures and even Yoga would meet us a major intersections to make sure we crossed safely. The highlight of the trip was near the end when we rode thru rice paddies and fields. Moon use to work the fields as a child/young adult and explained how they grow rice. We ended the trip at Owner Bob's house in Ubud. I met his family and his wife made us a lovely lunch. They had beer and water included.
Then Yoga drove me back to paradise! If you want to see the real/local Bali give them a try!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I booked this tour a couple of days ahead because of the great reviews. I was not disappointed. It has been a highlight of my Bali trip. Because it was pouring rain all morning, I ended up being the only customer. My guide was Mun (spelling? pronounced like "Moon"). What a treat! I happen to be interested in water and agriculture, but know little about Bali (this is my first trip). Mun was very knowledgeable about the local water situation, water pollution, groundwater, the irrigation system, and agriculture in general. We stopped at a beautiful sight for taking pictures of rice terraces, before driving to Satria, an organic coffee/cocoa/spice farm. There, a young member of the family toured me around, told me everything I wanted to know about farming practices on the farm (I am knew to tropical farming), and what is being grown. Since I was the only guest, and Mun didn't mind waiting out my many questions, we had all the time we needed to explore interesting questions on farming, irrigation, practices, etc. Mun took me for the long ride, since he knew I was an experienced rider. We rode all the way from the top of Kitamani to Ubud (per my request), stopping by many fields, seeing farmers, having farming practices explained by Mun, or by the people he introduced to me. A fabulous Balinese buffet (now almost dinner) at Bob's traditional Balinese house was the perfect finish to the day. I was offered a ride back to Ubud, but upon suggesting to ride the bicycle, Mun went with me there by bike. An absolutely splendid day!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Went on this tour in January booked with bob because of the great reviews and being a small family business.we were not disappointed.i loved going back to bobs for the yummy cooked meal.would highly recommend this tour.