“Best bike tour.”
Review of Bali On Bike

Bali On Bike
Ranked #19 of 226 Outdoor Activities in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Fabulous Bali cycling and riding and tour experience, with our mountain bikes to enjoy the whole heart of Bali in a glimpse ! a must have memory for every tourist. Lovely cycling experience. Working out on the 3 uphill climbs and you wll now well gravity worrks. The best genuine experience of our entire balinese culture at a glimpse by riding 95% only through wonderful landscape of ubud and ancient balinese way ancient of life.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Beautiful cycling trip through the countryside - villages and rice paddies. Day includes breakfast provided by Bob's wife - delicious pancakes at a coffee plantation. Try various coffee, herbal tea and tobacco. A highlight was a visit to the Water Temple - try the water it is delicious, bubbling up from an underground spring. Moon is a great guide with wonderful local knowledge he is more than happy to share. Learned so much about the culture. There are no hidden costs - great value for money. Finished the day with a magnificent home cooked lunch at Bob's (provided by his wife) and unrushed conversation. Could not have asked for better hospitality or company. Thanks Bob!

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"great guide"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Wow! Firstly BoB Thankyou so much for taking us around the parts of Bali, we never thought we'd see. I was so scared about riding a bike, as I haven't since I was a kid, you did everything you could to ensure I was fine throughout the whole trip and I made it all the way! We were picked up from our hotel in the morning and went to a beautiful viewing of the rice fields, to the coffee/tea plantation, to the volcano then to our starting point. We rode for a while then stopped at a local primary school, the kids love seeing you! You also stop at a temple where BoB pays for your entry fee and sarong hire. Please note, this temple feels like it has a million stairs. You ride past the president of Balis palace, it's huge! Along the whole way BoB is giving you all the history of Bali from family temples, to the trees and what they are used for. The highlight for us was stopping by a rice field and helping the women crop and bang the rice ready for the drying stage. You end up at BoBs house where his wife has prepared a full meal for you all. We were very lucky to have only the 2 of us on the trip! This ride was a memorable one for our honeymoon and truly enjoyed it! Please make sure you do this on your trip to Bali.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I took my son to Bali for his 21st birthday and we decided to do this trip as he wanted to try Kopi Luwak and we knew our first stop was a coffee plantation, At the plantation we sampled many coffees and teas, we were also given breakfast, pancakes and fresh Balinese fruit. We were then driven to the volcano where our bike ride started. Don't worry if you don't think your fit enough, it is all down hill, with lots of stops. I thoroughly enjoyed all of Moon's stories of the Balinese cultures. We finished the day with a delicious feast, cooked by Bob's wife at his house. I have been to Bali several times, but after this tour I really felt like I explored the true Indonesia. I highly recommend doing this tour.

1  Thank Louise H
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I highly recommend Bali on Bike if you want to do a bike tour of Ubud. Our guide, Moon, was great and knew a lot. The scenery was really good and the road not as bumpy as some other reviews have indicated. Along the way we saw local villages, a temple, rice fields, and finished with a great lunch in Bob's own home.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We were collected at 7:15 am from the hotel and arrived back at 6:00 pm for the cost of $350,000 washers after being fed, watered and exercised. The owner Bob (Bikes On Bali) great acronym, was thoughtful of the slower members and had an amazing amount of local knowledge that he was willing and continually imparted. The biking of around 33 km was mainly down hill and you didn't need to be very fit, in fact all you had to do most of the time was to stay upright on your bike and not pedal. We stopped at a tea plantation, saw terraced rice paddies, mandarin orchards, temples, threshed some rice and ended with a meal at Bob's with a beer.
Thanks a great day.

Been to Bali On Bike? Share your experiences!