“Amazing! A must do tour if you go to Ubud. See the real Bali”
Review of Bali On Bike

Bali On Bike
Ranked #18 of 238 Outdoor Activities in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Fabulous Bali cycling and riding and tour experience, with our mountain bikes to enjoy the whole heart of Bali in a glimpse ! a must have memory for every tourist. Lovely cycling experience. Working out on the 3 uphill climbs and you wll now well gravity worrks. The best genuine experience of our entire balinese culture at a glimpse by riding 95% only through wonderful landscape of ubud and ancient balinese way ancient of life.
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We heard that this tour was fantastic, it turned out to be even better than we expected. The coffe plantation was a great start in a beautiful mountain setting. The views of the volcano and lake were spectacular. The downhill bike ride through countless rural villages was amazing as we got to see the real Bali without flocks of tourists and street hawkers. Bob was a great guy, funny, and very knowlegable and happy to answer all of our questions. At the end of the ride we arrived at Bob's house and were presented with 2 ice cold bintangs each and an amazing smorgasbord of traditional food cooked by Bob's wife. It was amazing, and more than we could eat. We could not believe the entire day only cost $35 Aus dollars. I would have happily paid $35 just for the feed at the end, let alone a full day of activities and mindblowing scenery. If you go to Bali, get out of Kuta and see the real Bali. Bali on bike was the highlight of our 20 day trip to Bali. Cannot speak highly enough about it. You will love it. Thanks again Bob.

1  Thank Matthes B
in 20 reviews
"light breakfast"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Thank you to Dewa Bob, Moon and all the staff for a great day out. After an early morning coffee hit and breakfast snack at a coffee plantation, we then set off to view the volcano and take a few photos. We began our mainly downhill trip past orchards, temples, villages and lots of very picturesque rice fields. I have to commend Dewa Bob and his staff on their fantastic first aid and attention to both my husband and one of my daughters, who collided and came off their bikes (my husbands fault). They made sure they were both alright many times during the ride, checking and treating their wounds often. My daughter did decide to pass the remainder of the journey with her twin sister, in the bus, following everyone. The meal cooked by Dewa Bob's wife for lunch would have to be one of the best meals I have ever experienced in Bali. My thanks to Dewa Bob and his staff for taking exceptional care of my family. Lots of fun and great food!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Bob is an amazing and genuine person. I am so glad my husband and I chose Bali on Bike as our cycling adventure! We stopped at Lake Batur and the volcano to get photos and continued on to a coffee plantation- which I was super excited for, because I would finally get to taste the Kopi Luwak coffee that I had been talking about for 8 months before the trip :) it was yummy along with lemongrass tea, ginger tea, vanilla coffee, balinese coffee, and so on. We then geared up for our 3 hour downhill trek. The scenery, temples, and rice paddies were breathtaking. Being able to see the men and women planting all the rice by hand was beyond words. To finish up, we were invited back to Bob's home where his wife prepared a delicious lunch for us. Being the only two on the tour that day and me being a photographer made it very easy to stop whenever to capture some great photos. The tour was personal, relaxing, and fun. We were really able to learn the balinese cultural from Bob, which will be unforgettable. I highly recommend Bali on Bike for your cycling adventure! You will not be disappointed!!!!

Thank you, B.O.B

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had an excellent day out with Bali on Bike, Bob and his family. It began with a tour and tasting at a coffee plantation, our downhill trek began, through villages, past the many temples, rice paddy's, the kids got to plant some rice finishing up at Bob's family compound for a traditional Balinese lunch prepared by his wife and family which was without doubt one of the best meals of our trip. Their equipment and attention to our needs was excellent - I would recommend this experience to all

See more reviews
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We had a great time on the Bali on Bike tour around Ubud. We were a group of around 10, and had emailed Bob ahead of time to book our tour. I was very impressed with Bob's willingness to answer any of my questions over email in the weeks leading up to the tour. He was very accommodating and happy to make changes for us. The ride was really well planned, with cars coming to pick us up from all of our different hotels, and the whole day going really smoothly. The bike ride itself was not strenuous in the least as it was downhill the whole way (with the exception of three very short, but steep hills). The hardest part was early on in the ride, as the roads were a bit bumpy at first, and you needed to pay a bit of attention to where you were riding. Most of the roads were quiet, with few cars, which was really nice. We had a great time, and the food Bob's wife cooked up at the end of the ride was absolutely delicious!! Everyone enjoyed it thoroughly. We'd definitely go on another one of these rides next time we're in Bali. I believe this is one of the few bike companies in Bali that is locally owned and operated, so we were happy to support them.

1  Thank Natster09

Been to Bali On Bike? Share your experiences!