“Mysterious and Exotic”
Review of Bali On Bike

Bali On Bike
Ranked #18 of 238 Outdoor Activities in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Fabulous Bali cycling and riding and tour experience, with our mountain bikes to enjoy the whole heart of Bali in a glimpse ! a must have memory for every tourist. Lovely cycling experience. Working out on the 3 uphill climbs and you wll now well gravity worrks. The best genuine experience of our entire balinese culture at a glimpse by riding 95% only through wonderful landscape of ubud and ancient balinese way ancient of life.
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Bali is truly an heaven on Earth. its a place I can say designed for Gods of Heaven to rest themselves. Its so Amazing to see such naturally preserved Beauty of nature..... One wonders if Heaven really looks similar to BALI.

Now, In bali, The Temples are Unique an mysterious on its own. The Religious ceremionies performed would leave you in stitches as though you are sitting beneath Gods feet. I have sensed a very strange Feeling of divine presence in most of the temples here in bali.. try listening to the natural beats of music which can be seen sold at many outlets.
God must have Designed Bali as his place to rest his feet, this i wonder as the beautiful sunrise and sunset which sets right in front of you while you sit by the beach munching the sumptous juicy foods of the sea. The Moment the sun sinks in, you will experience the mysitical performances of Balinese Dances and music. That alone will bring you into another Dimension....
To me, its great to just let go of my Buzy nature and environment and take a big break to join with nature and live and experience this feeling of being balinese.... Experiencing a very Ancient still living HINDU culture will certainly keep your bodily hair standing on ends..... what miore, Go and experience BALI and you will know what I mean when i mean Mysitcal Bali....

Will write more on the experiencesof Bali in my later Reviews, if anyone is Interested... Take care & God Bless... Kevin

1  Thank Kevin4179
in 20 reviews
"light breakfast"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed August 29, 2011

With so many bike tours in Bali seemingly offering the same tour, it's hard to know which one to choose. So why choose this one? Because first, Dewa Bob is a masterful guide who takes great care of his customers and seeks to provide the most authentic Balinese experience. He provided some different opportunities such as participating in a local rice harvest, which was an amazing experience. Secondly, unlike most tours which end at a restaurant in Ubud, Dewa Bob invites you into his home for lunch, where his wife cooks one of the most delicious authentic meals you can have ANYWHERE in Bali - seriously. It's the perfect ending to a long ride. From the get go Dewa Bob treats you like family not like a customer and will do absolutely anything to make sure you have the best experience possible. I highly recommend this trip for anyone who wants to see the real Bali...

Reviewed August 27, 2011

This has to be one of the easiest bike rides I have ever been on. It was all down hill! For someone who enjoys cycling, this was a little frustrating, but it meant I could concentrate on enjoying what I saw as I free-wheeled.
The whole day was thoroughly enjoyable and a great way to see Bali's villages, paddi fields, volcano, plantations etc. Bob the owner (acronym for Bali on Bike), was a fantastic guide. Excellent English, with a wonderful sense of humour, he was extremely informative too.
The day finished with an amazing meal that Bob's wife prepared, in the beautiful setting of their home. Here, Bob continued to explain about Balinese culture. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

A fabulous tour with a friendly and very well informed guide (Dewa the owner) who taught us a lot about Bali's culture. At the end of the tour we were served a delicious lunch in his family compound.
Jan Willem

See more reviews
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This was a great way to spend a day in Bali. Our guide (Bob#2) was full of fun and information and really did his best to ensure we had the best time possible. The tour cost me 300000rp and included everything. First stop was a plantation where we were taught about the plants used in Balinese life, including the now famous Luwak coffee. Breakfast was provided along with a coffee and tea tasting. We did try the Luwak coffee and while I wouldn't rave about it, at least now I've ticked that box. Coffees and teas are available for purchase. The tasting and breakfast was a pleasant way to start our tour. From the plantation we moved on to view the volcano. Originally we were to have breakfast overlooking Kintamani, but with the threat of rain things were changed slightly. That sort of flexibility is a continuing theme with Bali on Bike. Bob (Dewa) and his team really go out of their way to make your day the best it can be.
After selecting our mountain bikes we set off. Downhill all the way. Passing through farm lands, villages and rice fields we were able to stop where and when we pleased for photo ops or a closer look, and our guide always had some informative points of interest for us. The country side was picturesque and the pace was set by ourselves making the riding as easy as you wanted it to be, though a car follows close behind in case you a break. We were grouped with one other couple so our guide was able to attend everybody’s needs. After a couple hours touring we arrived at Bobs home for an amazing lunch. This in itself was a great experience and something I'll not forget.
This tour is one of the more memorable I've done in Bali and something I highly recommend. Suitable for anyone able to ride a bike.

In fact, I think I might do it again...

Been to Bali On Bike? Share your experiences!