“A great way to see local culture”
Review of Bali On Bike

Bali On Bike
Ranked #18 of 238 Outdoor Activities in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Fabulous Bali cycling and riding and tour experience, with our mountain bikes to enjoy the whole heart of Bali in a glimpse ! a must have memory for every tourist. Lovely cycling experience. Working out on the 3 uphill climbs and you wll now well gravity worrks. The best genuine experience of our entire balinese culture at a glimpse by riding 95% only through wonderful landscape of ubud and ancient balinese way ancient of life.
Reviewed August 27, 2011

This has to be one of the easiest bike rides I have ever been on. It was all down hill! For someone who enjoys cycling, this was a little frustrating, but it meant I could concentrate on enjoying what I saw as I free-wheeled.
The whole day was thoroughly enjoyable and a great way to see Bali's villages, paddi fields, volcano, plantations etc. Bob the owner (acronym for Bali on Bike), was a fantastic guide. Excellent English, with a wonderful sense of humour, he was extremely informative too.
The day finished with an amazing meal that Bob's wife prepared, in the beautiful setting of their home. Here, Bob continued to explain about Balinese culture. I highly recommend it.

All reviews
in 20 reviews
"light breakfast"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed August 27, 2011

A fabulous tour with a friendly and very well informed guide (Dewa the owner) who taught us a lot about Bali's culture. At the end of the tour we were served a delicious lunch in his family compound.
Jan Willem

Reviewed August 21, 2011

This was a great way to spend a day in Bali. Our guide (Bob#2) was full of fun and information and really did his best to ensure we had the best time possible. The tour cost me 300000rp and included everything. First stop was a plantation where we were taught about the plants used in Balinese life, including the now famous Luwak coffee. Breakfast was provided along with a coffee and tea tasting. We did try the Luwak coffee and while I wouldn't rave about it, at least now I've ticked that box. Coffees and teas are available for purchase. The tasting and breakfast was a pleasant way to start our tour. From the plantation we moved on to view the volcano. Originally we were to have breakfast overlooking Kintamani, but with the threat of rain things were changed slightly. That sort of flexibility is a continuing theme with Bali on Bike. Bob (Dewa) and his team really go out of their way to make your day the best it can be.
After selecting our mountain bikes we set off. Downhill all the way. Passing through farm lands, villages and rice fields we were able to stop where and when we pleased for photo ops or a closer look, and our guide always had some informative points of interest for us. The country side was picturesque and the pace was set by ourselves making the riding as easy as you wanted it to be, though a car follows close behind in case you a break. We were grouped with one other couple so our guide was able to attend everybody’s needs. After a couple hours touring we arrived at Bobs home for an amazing lunch. This in itself was a great experience and something I'll not forget.
This tour is one of the more memorable I've done in Bali and something I highly recommend. Suitable for anyone able to ride a bike.

In fact, I think I might do it again...

Reviewed August 21, 2011

We had a nice trip trough the ricefields and small vilages. Hè was à very good guide telling about everything and was very friendly. At the end we had à nice meal made trough his wife, and was also very nice. I can recommand this.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We just returned from a week in Bali, four days in Seminyak and three in Ubud, and the HIGHLIGHT by far was our bike tour with Bali on Bike.
This combination sight-seeing, bike tour was good value and we saw sights and learned about Balinese culture we would not otherwise have had an opportunity to do. Our day started with a tour of a spice-coffee plantation and breakfast overlooking a majestic volcano.

The bike ride was a downhill, gentle tour of the countryside around Ubud past rice paddies and through small, rural villages, The route selected was pretty much free of traffic and we stopped at several points along the way while Bob explained the details of rice farming, community customs and traditions and information about the local flora and fauna.
Bob the owner and tour guide is excelent guide. He told us all about village life, the various types and locations of temples, and how local village politics work. He answered all of our questions enthusiastically and knowledgeably. At the end of the trip he takes you to his home, in a village, where his wife prepares the meal.
If you want a great day, that is family friendly, with a wonderful guide .

Been to Bali On Bike? Share your experiences!