Review Highlights
Bali on bike

Bob was a fantastic guide who also was very informative. The bike ride offered up beautiful scenery... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Kristinnz74
Tauranga, New Zealand
via mobile
Bagus

What a wonderful day we had. Our 7 and 10 year old loved it. Highlights were the delicious lunch... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
nzang2018
Auckland Central, New Zealand
via mobile

All reviews bob's wife dewa bob coffee plantation down hill rice coconut pancakes family compound delicious lunch mostly downhill back roads gentle downhill stop traffic wealth of information great ride great guide mt batur light breakfast
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I can't ride a bike, so when my friends' arranged this they got a tandem for me. I went from thinking bike tours were impossible for me to having the most memorable day out in a picture perfect landscape. All this thanks to Dewa Bob and Dewa Swam. And an extra special appreciation to Dewa Bagus, my designated 'driver' on the tandem. And Dewa Bob's wife for the home cooked lunch served in true Balinese style.

The trip was planned in detail, carried out with a lot of responsibility, caring and heart. The lunch at Dewa Bob's traditional house was the icing on an already rewarding day. At every stage, they made sure the cyclists could keep up, checked on the bikes and stopped when needed.

Terima Kasih Dewa Bob & Wife, Dewa Bagus and Dewa Swam

Prema
Malaysia

Reviewed May 16, 2011

Honestly, for someone who hasn't been riding a bike for at least a decade, it's quite a worry some thing if I could really enjoy the trip as much...

What a sweet surprise the service rendered is simply considerate and heart felt that Dewa Bob and his team took such a wonderful care of us, all 5 of us ladies, only 2 and a half of us can actually ride :)

Not only we had such a fantastic time of our life in the country side around Ubud in one of the most beautiful Island on earth, we also brought home the memories of authentic Balinese home cook cuisine served in abundance that we almost have to get on the bike again to burn that extra calories!

Thank UUUUUUUUUU Dewa Bob and Dewa Swam for making it happen for us!

1  Thank Cavelyn
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Great tour! Not to be missed while in Bali! Dewa, the owner and the guide, is knowlegdeable and is very happy to share everything he knows. Great value too!

Reviewed April 8, 2011

First of all, Mr. Bob gets two thumbs up. He has built a thriving bike tour business that is fun, safe, informational, and most of all GORGEOUS! "Bali on Bike" is a great way to get out of Ubud's center and see the true beauty of the villages and rice fields surrounding Ubud! After you are picked up at your hotel doorstep the tour begins at a Coffee plantation where you get to taste many types of coffees and teas. Next is a stop at a look-out overlooking one of Bali's volcanoes and a holy lake. Then it's on to the Bike Tour for an almost all downhill cruise through tropical Balinese villages only to wrap up at Mr. Bob's own home for a traditional Indonesian lunch (my favorite part... great food, fun company). I highly recommend Bali on Bike! Thanks Again Mr. BOB!

1  Thank ajinthecity
Reviewed April 3, 2011

This is a must do tour. Mr. Bob (the owner and guide) is just such a nice guy. He helped me along the way with my souvenir shopping and he is just willing to help and answer any questions you may have.
The day started with lots of laughter in the car, then to a coffee plantage for a tasting, followed by breakfast with a beautifull view over the vulcano.
Then we started biking, which is sooo easy as it is almost just going down!! And it cools you down, much better then staying in town.
The tour goes through lots of authentic villages and ricefields, we stopped a few times for pictures of information.
The best thing was actually the lunch.. .which is cooked by mr. Bob's wife at his home. Best,best (and I mean it) food I ate in Bali!!