“The Firefly is a very nice, exquisite and serene...”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The Bedroom of Kunang Kunang
Outdoor bathroom in Kunang-kunang ( Firefly ) guest house.
Bathroom Bedroom 1
Bathroom Bedroom 1
In the centre of the beautiful tropical gardens of Bali Firefly where breakfast can be served
Rice terraces and the harvest nearby.
Pavilion
Garden path to the front of Kunang Kunang...your home away from home.
Garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
yankwij
Jakarta, Indonesia
“The Firefly is a very nice, exquisite and serene place, just like an oasis.”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

We stayed in the Firefly villa during our holiday in Bali. It's a very lovely place with a beautiful garden surrounding the villa. It's a peaceful place. In the morning, when the weather is clear, we can see Mt. Agung in the distance. The breakfast was very good, especially the Balinese coffee. Thank for the staff who are friendly and give generous support during our stay.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The peaceful and serene place.
Liked least: The WiFi didn't work.
Traveling group: Extended Family

Virginia...
Chicago, Illinois
“Trip of a lifetime!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Ibu Anna made our trip to Bali easy and comfortable. Her staff was absolutely amazing. The knowledgeable Yandira was our tour guide, tale teller and liaison to the island's many wonders. Because of him we were able to do nearly everything we had on our checklist to do (and a few more things as well). Kadek, Made, Nyoman, and Wayan made our stay at the Pondok comfortable and safe. The garden is stunning, the breakfasts beautiful and delicious. The location is prefect, out of the noise of Ubud, in the beauty of the rice fields with a scenic walk to town of about 30 minutes. In all, this was a wonderful experience for our trip of a lifetime!

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The location.
Liked least: Spotty internet connection.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Sep 20, 2013
Dear Ginni and Chris, Thank you for a lovely review. I am sorry I wasn't there to meet you but really look forward hopefully in the future.
You make me very happy to read that my staff are all doing their jobs even without me being there. They are wonderful, they always do and I am very fortunate.
Thank you and it's great that you enjoyed yourselves.
Sqwrly
Portland, Oregon
“Most Fabulous Vacation Rental”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

If you wish to experience the "True Bali" then look no further. Ibu Anna and her amazing staff make you feel like part of their family. The gardens that surround the house/rentals are mature and make you feel as though you are in paradise. The grounds are immaculate and full of wonderful orchids, native flowers and plants as well as tropical fruit trees which you are served from fresh each day.
The breakfast served each morning was delightful. Fresh fruit, freshly made yogurt with homemade jams, duck egg prepared to your liking, toast with homemade jams and coffee or tea. The Bali coffee is the best I have ever had and I am very picky about coffee. Kadek set me up in my room with the means to make my own each day since I awake about 5:30am. My day started with watching the sunrise drinking the finest coffee. WOW!!! I would sit and watch the ducks race around the rice fields, quite funny. The frogs and firefly's in the evenings were such a treat.
I stayed in Joglo-Sekar which is a rice barn converted into a fabulous bungalow situated privately in the gardens overlooking the rice fields with the most wonderful views. The room is very comfortable with lots of windows, a small refrigerator, loads of storage for all your items, and a wonderful bathroom which is partially open to the sky. The desk was perfectly located by the door to the private patio and I had plenty of room for my laptop, camera equipment etc.
Kadek, the Manager of the compound, is the most wonderful host and takes care of your every need daily. He speaks English very well and he is the most gracious, polite, genuine individual truly interested in making you happy on your holiday.
Yandira greeted me at the airport and is also the most gracious individual who truly wants your stay to be an exceptional one. He too speaks English quite well and will inform you of the local customs, language, places to eat, places to see and can take you wherever you wish to go. His fees for transportation are in my opinion excellent and I felt very safe with his driving.
The village is about a 20 minute walk from the compound and very easy to navigate or you can hire a scooter to take you where you wish to go.
Ibu Anna is a wealth of information about where to go and what to see and will arrange almost anything for you. Her experience in Bali allows her to recommend the most wonderful entertainment, restaurants, hikes, shops, etc. which weeds out so much and allows you to truly enjoy your stay without figuring out which activity or location is good. Not to mention, it saves a lot of money with trial and error. Ibu is an extremely active loving person and a joy to converse with. Her experience and knowledge made my visit perfect. She will take you on the most unique journeys if you so wish or she will recommend excellent places based on your desires.
I highly recommend:
Alit Jungle hike-life changing for me.
Jegog-music and dance.
Snorkeling on Mejangan Island with Nono.
Temples-Ibu will show you the best ones.
Master Wood Carver's compound.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location
Traveling group: Solo
Aug 13, 2013
Dania, we were definitely the lucky ones to have been chosen by you. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much. It's people like you who make it all worth while for me and my lovely staff. We try to show guests the "other side of Bali" and your enthusiastic response was much appreciated. Your generosity and love of my special Balinese friends made your visit memorable for me. If you need any assistance with your Bali plans in the future, we will be only too happy to oblige.Many thanks to you - a lovely lady.
Stuttgart
Reviewed August 3, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Brisbane
Reviewed June 28, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Jun 28, 2013
John, it was a pleasure looking after you all during your Bali holiday. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am happy that you enjoyed yourselves and it was good to see you all so relaxed and happy on your departure. I wish you all the best.
hunter valley, new, australia
Reviewed June 4, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

A romantic getaway
Jun 4, 2013
Dear Rita and Rod,
Having met your son, Chris, here as a previous guest, I knew I would enjoy meeting you both. It was good fun showing you some of the best of Bali - places so many visitors to Bali never get to see. It will always be a pleasure to see you again, either here or in Australia. Thank you for being special guests.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing