“First Class A+++”
Review of Royal Kamuela

Royal Kamuela
Ranked #9 of 615 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed March 22, 2013

As I sit in Villa 7 overlooking the pool, my new husband is snoring his lungs out and I could not be happier. The RK is heaven on earth ~ private, luxurious, serene and best of all ~ NO KIDS! With only 12 villa's,we only ever saw another couple once in the 4 days we have been here. My husband had never been to Bali before, hence our splashing out for a top-notch spot ~ we found it. From the genuine smiles, to the crisp, clean laundry smelling of the most wonderful fabric conditioner to the very generous and varied breakfasts, our stay here was worth ever dollar. Highly recommended. Ps. Lina at the Day Spa was wonderful as was the cooking class with Chef Wayan.

Room Tip: ALL the rooms are excellent. With only 12 villa's,there are no bad ones.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joh P
Royal Kamuela U, Manager at Royal Kamuela, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Joh P,

Feedback on guest stay is very important to the measurement of success for our villa so we thank you for sharing your opinion on your most recent stay at Royal Kamuela Ubud.
We are delighted to hear that you are fond of our First Class service, private & luxurious design and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Spa Treatment and our Cooking Class.

Hope to host you again upon your next visit to Ubud.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Our 5 days at Royal Kamuela were flawless - our villa, number 7, was magical. The service, from check-in to butler breakfast to our drive back to the airport was all fantastic. A true couples retreat. Is it pricey? Yes - but you et what you pay for and we thought it was worth every penny. We will be back!

Special thanks to the wonderful staff, nothing was too much trouble, and they genuinely seemed to care that we had a great time. Thank you!

Room Tip: We were in Villa 7, which was pretty close to the front, so very convinient, and we had no ambient n...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CoolGreenDays
Royal Kamuela U, Manager at Royal Kamuela, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Lori N,

Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I will make sure the team have the chance to read your comments at our next hotel meeting and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

OMG this place is heaven we went to celebrate my 60th birthday the staff are so good they arranged a cake for my birthday one of the staff took us and picked us up from The Bridges restaurant another fantastic place on my birthday. The villa was always kept spotless clean all the staff from the pool man to the manager are so friendly. There was always someone there if you needed anything but they were never in the way very professional and very discreet. The breakfasts were great. I really felt very special I can't thank all the staff enough for a fantastic stay. I would go back again to or row if I could. We went with another couple who were also very pleased with the whole set up. To finish off the great trip on the last morning we were entertained for about 15 mins by the local monkeys. We spent 7 nights here not enough. 3rd -10th March

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Tarachucky,

Thanks very much for taking the time to comment on Royal Kamuela. It’s great to hear such positive comments & glad you had a good stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Love love love.

This is a late review. Stayed here back in Sept 2012 for my honeymoon.

Our stay here was perfect. Service and room.
I cant remember his name but our butler was so friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

I def recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank poppyD83
Royal Kamuela U, Manager at Royal Kamuela, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear PoppyD83,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Royal Kamuela. Thank you very much for your kind review and recommendation.

Hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Hi! My girlfriend and I stayed at several places when we were in Bali and we are both pretty experienced travelers. Its also important to note that we are pretty spoiled as travelers so we expect a lot for our money. That said, we were BLOWN away by this experience at the Royal Kamuela. The people of Royal Kamuela are so very warm, inviting and accommodating. We showed up a few days ago on a very rainy day. We had just come from a much more expensive villa in Seminyak and it was incredible as well. So we arrived in Ubud with an idea of what our money would get us. For the money it got us about twice what we expected! Breakfast in our private villa every morning was amazing, the shuttles from the hotel were perfect, their concierge recommendations were spot on and the location has to be one of the best in the area. Totally satisfied and we are without a doubt COMING BACK TO EXPERIENCE AGAIN!

Room Tip: The one bedroom villa is great!

Dear SethOB,

Thank you for taking the time to review our villa on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us here on the Royal Kamuela and in particular that the room and staff made a memorable impact during you visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Royal Kamuela on your return to Bali.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had never been to Bali before and wanted to celebrate our 23rd wedding aniversary in style. The staff were extremely helpful and nothing was to much trouble. Its a bit of a journey to Ubud but well worth it. The accommodation was just what we hope for, very private and the pool was great. We particularly enjoyed a trip to Mt Batur booked through the hotel. Room service was great and Katut was the best driver,tour guide you could ask for. Will definately be going back again.

Dear Jenny134,

Thank you for your kind review and feedback on your stay with us here at Royal Kamuela. We truly appreciate the time taken to post these reviews on Trip Advisor.

It is particularly satisfying to see names of our team being mentioned in these reviews and I can let you know that Ketut was delighted to hear the feedback on his service and has taken a copy of the review with him.

I do hope that you can visit us again in the near future and we will do our best to make sure your stay is as enjoyable as your last visit.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was most skeptical about this property out of all the hotels we booked in our vacation to Bali but have to say this was my favorite and wish we'd stayed longer. Having stayed off the beaten path in the mountains and a bit of a walk from the shopping area in Seminyak, I was thrilled to be in the thick of it on Monkey Forest Road at the Royal Kamuela. You'd have no idea there was a bustling town outside your door from inside one of the villas, though. Each room has a huge pool and outdoor lounge complimenting the spacious bedroom and bath area and is very quiet. Breakfasts were delivered promptly and generously portioned. We were always on the go so we didn't take advantage of many of the hotel services although I thought the free 30 min leg massage was one of the best I had during my trip. We felt the facilities here were incredibly luxurious and the decor inside the villa was so interesting and beautiful. Our only complaint was that we wished we'd seen the monkeys visit our villa! We were only there two nights so may have just missed out.

Dear Chibisakana,

Thank you for posting this review.

The location of Royal Kamuela is indeed ideal near by the town and has a huge pool and spacious bedroom also bath area.

I am pleased that all the services are meeting your satisfaction and I do hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards,