“A dream holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

Royal Kamuela
Ranked #6 of 520 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
“A dream holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

OMG this place is heaven we went to celebrate my 60th birthday the staff are so good they arranged a cake for my birthday one of the staff took us and picked us up from The Bridges restaurant another fantastic place on my birthday. The villa was always kept spotless clean all the staff from the pool man to the manager are so friendly. There was always someone there if you needed anything but they were never in the way very professional and very discreet. The breakfasts were great. I really felt very special I can't thank all the staff enough for a fantastic stay. I would go back again to or row if I could. We went with another couple who were also very pleased with the whole set up. To finish off the great trip on the last morning we were entertained for about 15 mins by the local monkeys. We spent 7 nights here not enough. 3rd -10th March

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Royal Kamuela U, Manager at Royal Kamuela, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Tarachucky,

Thanks very much for taking the time to comment on Royal Kamuela. It’s great to hear such positive comments & glad you had a good stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Villa Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Love love love.

This is a late review. Stayed here back in Sept 2012 for my honeymoon.

Our stay here was perfect. Service and room.
I cant remember his name but our butler was so friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

I def recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank poppyD83
Royal Kamuela U, Manager at Royal Kamuela, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear PoppyD83,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Royal Kamuela. Thank you very much for your kind review and recommendation.

Hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,

San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Hi! My girlfriend and I stayed at several places when we were in Bali and we are both pretty experienced travelers. Its also important to note that we are pretty spoiled as travelers so we expect a lot for our money. That said, we were BLOWN away by this experience at the Royal Kamuela. The people of Royal Kamuela are so very warm, inviting and accommodating. We showed up a few days ago on a very rainy day. We had just come from a much more expensive villa in Seminyak and it was incredible as well. So we arrived in Ubud with an idea of what our money would get us. For the money it got us about twice what we expected! Breakfast in our private villa every morning was amazing, the shuttles from the hotel were perfect, their concierge recommendations were spot on and the location has to be one of the best in the area. Totally satisfied and we are without a doubt COMING BACK TO EXPERIENCE AGAIN!

Room Tip: The one bedroom villa is great!
Dear SethOB,

Thank you for taking the time to review our villa on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us here on the Royal Kamuela and in particular that the room and staff made a memorable impact during you visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Royal Kamuela on your return to Bali.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had never been to Bali before and wanted to celebrate our 23rd wedding aniversary in style. The staff were extremely helpful and nothing was to much trouble. Its a bit of a journey to Ubud but well worth it. The accommodation was just what we hope for, very private and the pool was great. We particularly enjoyed a trip to Mt Batur booked through the hotel. Room service was great and Katut was the best driver,tour guide you could ask for. Will definately be going back again.

Dear Jenny134,

Thank you for your kind review and feedback on your stay with us here at Royal Kamuela. We truly appreciate the time taken to post these reviews on Trip Advisor.

It is particularly satisfying to see names of our team being mentioned in these reviews and I can let you know that Ketut was delighted to hear the feedback on his service and has taken a copy of the review with him.

I do hope that you can visit us again in the near future and we will do our best to make sure your stay is as enjoyable as your last visit.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was most skeptical about this property out of all the hotels we booked in our vacation to Bali but have to say this was my favorite and wish we'd stayed longer. Having stayed off the beaten path in the mountains and a bit of a walk from the shopping area in Seminyak, I was thrilled to be in the thick of it on Monkey Forest Road at the Royal Kamuela. You'd have no idea there was a bustling town outside your door from inside one of the villas, though. Each room has a huge pool and outdoor lounge complimenting the spacious bedroom and bath area and is very quiet. Breakfasts were delivered promptly and generously portioned. We were always on the go so we didn't take advantage of many of the hotel services although I thought the free 30 min leg massage was one of the best I had during my trip. We felt the facilities here were incredibly luxurious and the decor inside the villa was so interesting and beautiful. Our only complaint was that we wished we'd seen the monkeys visit our villa! We were only there two nights so may have just missed out.

Dear Chibisakana,

Thank you for posting this review.

The location of Royal Kamuela is indeed ideal near by the town and has a huge pool and spacious bedroom also bath area.

I am pleased that all the services are meeting your satisfaction and I do hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Though the facilities are excellent i feel completly let down by this property. I was really excited about the villas and read all the reviews.

I arrived by taxi as my pre arranged transport failed to arrive. Walked to the reception thought wow looks amazing! Was greeted and the lady at check in goes o your by yourself! Im really sorry we have overbooked villas and yoyr travelling by yourself so we've moved you to another property so you can stay one night but tomorrow you will checkout at 12pm and be moved to another resort and check in at 2pm.

This is totally disgusting and a let down i just wanted to come to Ubud and relax for 4 days. The reason i chose this Villas was because of the monkey forest. And to be shipped 10kms away is such a huge let down.

I wasnt even offered anythung complimentry for my troubles, I had to ask well can i have a free dinner, they rang their supervisor who said he can one free item off the menu. Which arrived anf wasnt what i asked for.

This experience at Kamuela Villas UBUD has ruined my holiday i would not recommend any solo travellers book this place as they will use you as an excuse to overbook and then move you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank MikeTravel635
Dear MikeTravel635,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the out booking situation you had here at Royal Kamuela.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issue caused by the system error and rest assured this is not the service or experience that we strive to deliver to our guests.

I would be more than happy to discuss in further detail the situation and would very much welcome an email from yourself if you would have the time to do so.

I truly appreciate the feedback given from guests and the time that it takes to do so as it gives us the opportunity to rectify issues that arise and communicate to the parties involved.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Ubud seems like a bit of a trek from the airport but it is well worth the journey! A journey made all the easier when arranged though the Royal Kamuela. The property is excellent for its price point and the staff attentive and helpful. Each Villa is completely private and has a fantastic lap pool right outside the bathroom door. The only criticisms would be slow room service and breakfast (although delivered to your villa each morning) was a little disappointing. However that said I give this place both thumbs up and we will definitely stay there again next time we are in Ubud.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Beaujae,

Thank you for your kind review and feedback on your stay with us here at Royal Kamuela. We truly appreciate the time taken to post these reviews on TripAdvisor.

Best wishes,