“Fine fusion menu”

Swept Away at The Samaya Ubud
Ranked #6 of 817 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Swept Away Restaurant offers Special Romantic Hundred Candle Light Dinner where the guests can enjoy a truly unique dining experience with the sound of natures by the Ayung River. Executive Chef, I Nyoman Wiratma has emulated his successful style with more than 10-year experience in fine dining, serving an array of modern and eclectic dishes with maintaining a strong focus on local produce and authentic flavors will pamper you.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Group of 6, we had been given an 8pm time slot after requesting 7-730 and being told they couldn't accommodate us that early. Arrived at 8 and the place was about 1/4 occupied- shame. We were offered water immediately on arrival (turned out to be Evian at $10/bottle!! would very happily have had the local bottled stuff- annoying upsell).
Aside from those 2 details the rest of the night was really good.
The staff were lovely and efficient.
The venue is beautiful with all of the candles.
The menu is sublime- lots of choices.
The Amuse Bouche was cube of watermelon filled with a cube of herbed fetta cheese- utterly delicious- great pairing. Bread basket was offered and was also delicious with a varied selection.
I had the tortellini stuffed with blue cheese and cubed pumpkin and fig- delicious. We ordered additional vegetables and a salad.
For dessert I had the pandan creme brulee with chilli strawberries and a sesame basket with orange sorbet- standout flavours. Really delicious.
Everyone ordered 2 courses and enjoyed their meals.
The wine prices were very expensive- the restaurant menu devoted an entire page to explaining why this was so, even more expensive when the tax and service of 21% is calculated in. In comparison to the other fine dining restaurant that we went to I think the Samaya is making a significant amount on the wine. The food prices I thought were good for the very high quality that was on offer.
Recommended.

1  Thank Gill G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,503)

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Beautiful scenery, located along a river. The menu is a mix of local and international cuisine. Great variety. Tasty food, presented well. Must visit for lunch or dinner if you are in Ubud.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Delicious food and set right on the beach
Beautiful location- a must place to go
Amazing staff and they cannot do enough for you!
We went for our honeymoon and was the perfect location and place to eat

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Yes, the location is amazing but the food is not good and way overpriced.

We stayed at The Samaya and ate at Swept Away on two occasions - lunch and dinner. Lunch we had Chilli Prawn Spaghetti and Chicken Laksa, both of which were very average and overpriced for the quality of food. We thought we would give it another go and have dinner there before we departed the resort to go back home. Big mistake.

I ate the Duck Ravioli and my boyfriend had the Curry Beef with Rice. I didn't finish my meal as the sauce was so thick and creamy and tasted off. The ravioli was gummy and did not taste fresh. The beef was so-so, again just very average. The bill was around 1 million RP for 2x mains, 2x Bintangs and 1x cocktail. Ridiculous! I then paid the ultimate price for eating here and spent my red eye flight home that night throwing up my dinner in to the airplane toilet as it had made me feel so nauseous and ill. I don't get sick when flying so this was definitely the food not the flight.

6  Thank Natalia S
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I arranged both a spa session and dinner as a birthday surprise for my husband's 40th, through emails from London. My main contact was Ningsih, and she was extremely helpful and efficient in helping me book these. After our spa session, we turned up early for our dinner reservation and had about 30 mins to wait for the rest of our party to arrive. The staff were very welcoming and friendly, and we had some drinks while we waited. We were given a table on the deck, and the view was amazing.

All of us tried different dishes, and each of them was delicious (the wagyu was memorable!). At the end of the meal,all the staff, including the chef (good thing, since we were able to compliment him on his fantastic food!), came out to present my husband with a chocolate birthday cake - which completely made his day! I have to say, although the food was amazing, the service is beyond expectations. The head waiter (I think his name is Pak Darma) was genuinely friendly and some of the waitresses were happy to watch our toddler while we finished our food. Thank you to everyone there who made my husband's 40th really special!

1  Thank lwid