“Delicious food with amazing setting”

Swept Away at The Samaya Ubud
Ranked #6 of 817 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Swept Away Restaurant offers Special Romantic Hundred Candle Light Dinner where the guests can enjoy a truly unique dining experience with the sound of natures by the Ayung River. Executive Chef, I Nyoman Wiratma has emulated his successful style with more than 10-year experience in fine dining, serving an array of modern and eclectic dishes with maintaining a strong focus on local produce and authentic flavors will pamper you.
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Delicious food and set right on the beach
Beautiful location- a must place to go
Amazing staff and they cannot do enough for you!
We went for our honeymoon and was the perfect location and place to eat

Write a ReviewReviews (1,503)

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Yes, the location is amazing but the food is not good and way overpriced.

We stayed at The Samaya and ate at Swept Away on two occasions - lunch and dinner. Lunch we had Chilli Prawn Spaghetti and Chicken Laksa, both of which were very average and overpriced for the quality of food. We thought we would give it another go and have dinner there before we departed the resort to go back home. Big mistake.

I ate the Duck Ravioli and my boyfriend had the Curry Beef with Rice. I didn't finish my meal as the sauce was so thick and creamy and tasted off. The ravioli was gummy and did not taste fresh. The beef was so-so, again just very average. The bill was around 1 million RP for 2x mains, 2x Bintangs and 1x cocktail. Ridiculous! I then paid the ultimate price for eating here and spent my red eye flight home that night throwing up my dinner in to the airplane toilet as it had made me feel so nauseous and ill. I don't get sick when flying so this was definitely the food not the flight.

6  Thank Natalia S
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I arranged both a spa session and dinner as a birthday surprise for my husband's 40th, through emails from London. My main contact was Ningsih, and she was extremely helpful and efficient in helping me book these. After our spa session, we turned up early for our dinner reservation and had about 30 mins to wait for the rest of our party to arrive. The staff were very welcoming and friendly, and we had some drinks while we waited. We were given a table on the deck, and the view was amazing.

All of us tried different dishes, and each of them was delicious (the wagyu was memorable!). At the end of the meal,all the staff, including the chef (good thing, since we were able to compliment him on his fantastic food!), came out to present my husband with a chocolate birthday cake - which completely made his day! I have to say, although the food was amazing, the service is beyond expectations. The head waiter (I think his name is Pak Darma) was genuinely friendly and some of the waitresses were happy to watch our toddler while we finished our food. Thank you to everyone there who made my husband's 40th really special!

1  Thank lwid
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had the 100 Candles Dinner on 26 June. Staffs are very friendly & knowledgeable. The view of Ayung river is amazing. And the best thing of all is the good food served.

2  Thank pllee88
Reviewed June 21, 2014

It was our last night in Ubud, so the six of us decided to treat ourselves to something special. After arriving at The Samaya you are taken by golf buggy down to the restaurant. The location of swept away is stunning. I had made a reservation a few days earlier (definitely recommended) our table was in the corner on the deck overlooking the best part of the river. So glad we got there early (5pm) gave us a chance to sit and just take in the stunning surroundings before it got dark. We all ordered the temptations menu, which consists of seven courses ( the portions are not big, but enough to fill you up) of the most amazing food we had tasted while in Ubud. The staff are so friendly and efficient and knowledgeable. Our waiter knew all about the wine he served us. Swept Away was definitely a highlight of our visit to Ubud. Can highly recommend this restaurant.

3  Thank Jase53

Been to Swept Away at The Samaya Ubud? Share your experiences!