“Outstanding”

Swept Away at The Samaya Ubud
Ranked #9 of 838 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Swept Away Restaurant offers Special Romantic Hundred Candle Light Dinner where the guests can enjoy a truly unique dining experience with the sound of natures by the Ayung River. Executive Chef, I Nyoman Wiratma has emulated his successful style with more than 10-year experience in fine dining, serving an array of modern and eclectic dishes with maintaining a strong focus on local produce and authentic flavors will pamper you.
Reviewed June 5, 2014

As guests at the Samaya Ubud, we ate several times in this phenomenal restaurant.

The food is some of the best we have eaten in all our travels. With a diverse menu and innovative combinations, the presentation, flavours and portion sizes were faultless. Entrees, mains and desserts were all delightful and they make a mean cocktail, too!

The restaurant is very accommodating of dietary needs, provides additional lighting for those of us at night who struggle to read the menu and provided attentive, warm and helpful service.

Making the experience, though, is the setting. Literally river side, the rushing of water is your constant companion, with the occasional squeals of delight of locals rafting down the river on tyre tubes or taking a quick bath in the stiller shallows!

The 100 candle dinner (from where we sat) looked spectacular, a truly romantic sensory experience.

Everything you would expect from a top of the line, well respected restaurant and a genuine surprise for a Bali hotel tucked away in the regional centre of Ubud. If you're staying in the area, or daytripping from the Denpasar area, I would highly recommend it, you won't be disappointed.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,534)

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Booked dinner at Swept Away, after reading reviews of the scenery at this restaurant. My partner & I wanted a special night out and Swept Away did not disappoint.

We booked a table on the deck which overlooks the river. Arrived for dinner at the reception area & were taken the restaurant by buggy. The driver (Mr Agus), was so friendly & chatted with us. When we arrived at the restaurant, we were taken aback by the view. Wet towels & insect repellents are provided as soon as you sit down. Additional lighting is also provided whenever you need to read the menu as well. Staff were friendly & always ready to serve.

We had the ala-carte menu - Seared Scallops (melt in the mouth), Garden Soup (cold refreshing soup - I nearly tipped the bowl to get the last drop but was stopped by my partner), Bebek Samaya (yummy fried, succulent duck), Lobster Octopus & Caramel Pineapple dessert.

We had a great evening with very courteous staff, a great view (well if you arrive before dark) & good food. Music was good too.

When we were on our buggy ride back to the reception area, our driver (I’m sorry, I forget his name), summed it up perfectly when I mentioned that everyone was so nice to us since we arrived - he said that this is the "true Balinese way". Thank you Swept Away & The Samaya for a special evening. My partner & I could not ask for more :).

1  Thank kavisp
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Fabulous place and food to indulge your senses. Temptation menu was amazing sat next to the river. Staff knew of my husbands birthday and arranged a cake for desert even though not requested. The attention to detail / service was second to none.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We live in Bali and have had the good fortune to see much of it. But this blew me away! We went for lunch and had full view of the river but I can only imagine it at night!

The food was well priced and definitely 5 star quality. I've seen some reviews that it is a little expensive, but don't agree! Our bill was $70 for two, for drinks, coffee and two mains - all of which was more than enough!

I am an author and photographer but left pen and camera at home to simply immerse myself in this experience. Hoping I have a chance to stay there one day, but for now, it is my new 'date lunch on a Sunday' with my hubby.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

A solid restaurant by global standards, and very good for Bali.

The service was very good, although the wine service was a little inexperienced (for premium champagne offerings that need to be opened and addressed to the glass correctly). We did make a point of booking a table by the river well in advance (a few weeks in advance), but found they were unable to honour that request on arrival as the tables had all been given away. In the end, it was nice sitting under the main roof and you don't loose any of the view.

The setting is beautiful. Food was quite good, well presented, and a great range of dishes.