“One of top meals ever”

Swept Away at The Samaya Ubud
Ranked #3 of 779 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Swept Away Restaurant offers Special Romantic Hundred Candle Light Dinner where the guests can enjoy a truly unique dining experience with the sound of natures by the Ayung River. Executive Chef, I Nyoman Wiratma has emulated his successful style with more than 10-year experience in fine dining, serving an array of modern and eclectic dishes with maintaining a strong focus on local produce and authentic flavors will pamper you.
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We visited here based on Trip Advisor reviews as our 'posh' meal in Bali and weren't disappointed. As someone who is fortunate to visit Michelin star restaurants, this I can say is up there.

Torrential rain didn't dampen the romance of the restaurant. Staff were attentive and the manager came to check on us. Every course of food was delicious, the scallops and smoked marlin starters in particular were beautiful, and I liked the salmon amuse bouche. I just wish we could have managed dessert. Yes it is a little pricey for Bali but it was lovely.

1  Thank tal202
There are newer reviews for Swept Away at The Samaya Ubud

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Asian Flavours served up in Western Fine Dining Style.

I love Fusion Food in high-end fine dining style. So when I took a look at the tasting menu and saw there was minimal fusion and it was almost all Asian ingredients, I had my doubts it would be more special than street food back home.

But I was so wrong.

The Fish with lobster Laksa sauce tasted like a everything I wanted in a lobster bisque, but with a laksa twist. Exquisite!

Service was excellent, the staff were knowledgeable about the ingredients and accommodating when it came to kids, also quick to offer bug spray when needed since it was outdoor rainforest dining. Even the chef also came out to get out feedback.

Very impressed with the great attitude which will definitely take them to the top!

1  Thank tym6
Reviewed April 7, 2013

You would never have thought that a restaurant set into a resort could get a very good review of its food and service. But this is one restaurant that took me by surprise. i had seen positive reviews of it and wondered how it would compare to restaurants in the town of Ubud. It turned out to be really good. First, the location. The restaurant sits next to a river and greenery on the other side of the river bank. If you like, there is even a table set on a grass patch quite close to the river, that would make for a romantic dinner for a couple. As there is little light pollution, you get a clear view of the stars at night too. Next, the food. There is both local and western type of dishes to choose from. Most of my meals there were pleasant, and their home-made jam for bread is one of the best I've tasted (for afternoon tea breaks). There are quite a few dishes to enjoy and I can't even have time to write about them here. For chilli or spicy food lovers, you'll find the different spicy sauces available a delight! Lastly, the service. The staff are cheerful and helpful, and that says it all. If you have children, the staff might offer your children some bread to feed the fishes in the pond nearby, which is a good way to keep the children occupied. They might even fold paper aeroplanes or boats for your children! Made my dining experiences there a wonderful time to remember.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a truly magnificent 5 star dining experience. Every dish we ordered was a taste sensation! Both the food and service are outstanding. Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This has to be one of the best settings in Ubud. Sitting in the open watching the Ayung River is a great experience. The food is excellent as well and service is exceptional. They serve a chilled soup of avocado and yogurt in fresh herbs one of the Chefs specialities. Also another great dish is the Wagyu done 3 ways. Always a must visit when we come to Bali

1  Thank blue356sc

Been to Swept Away at The Samaya Ubud? Share your experiences!