“Taco Casa For You?”

Ranked #43 of 772 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Established in 2010, Taco Casa is simple, clean, casual, quick - friendly service taco joint, serving fresh, light & delicious Mexican flavors. Our flour tortillas, guacamole, pico de gallo salsa, enchilada sauce, hot sauce, beans (black, pinto and re-fried beans), taco shells, corn chips, taco salad bowl and salad dressings are all made from scratch from fresh ingredients and contain no lard, MSG or preservatives. They are prepared in small batches daily and kept refrigerated to assure quality and freshness. We use organic and local ingredients whenever possible. our beef is all tenderloin cuts and our chicken is all breast fillet. Three locations: Ubud, Seminyak and Canggu. Ubud location offer dine-in, take away and delivery service (within Ubud area only). Rp 5.000 to Rp 10.000 delivery charge will be added to the bill.
Paraburdoo
“Taco Casa For You?”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

OMG this was the best Mexican food ever, Go the 8 layer Burrito!!!! So good in fact that my room mate heard me sleep talking about it the following nights!!

• Visited July 2013

• Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing Mexican in Bali”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've lived in Mexico and LA and this was outstanding Mexican food in the American style. A real treat.

Visited August 2013
Hull, England, United Kingdom
“Very tasty”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Loved everything, had the 8 layer burrito and enchiladas and both were superb! It is conveniently located between on key Orestes and arma.

Visited September 2013
Darlington, UK
“Great food and staff”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

THis was researched though TA and well worth the trip. the food here is well prepared - prepared quickly and the place has a good vibe. We went on a Sunday and a Tuesday night - interestingly, it was busier than all the other places locally - without surprise.... the food is great - - having had quesadillas / nachos / enchiladas over the 2 x nights and great value, accommodating and friendly staff. (Also - be aware one of the cleanest loos in Ubud which is perhaps a little out of place for a restaurant review, but maybe gives an idea that this is a serious place.)
Well worth going to - we would definately recommend.

• Visited September 2013
San Francisco, California
“Perfect for taco lovers (and burrito lovers too!)”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I realized, over the course of longer term travel, the place tacos have in my life. My unflagging weekly loyalty to tacos and my separation from them during long term travel in Asia has only strengthened my love. I discovered the existence of Taco Casa in Ubud and at first refused to believe it- couldn't bear to bring my taco-hopes up only to have them crash inevitably down. Yet, in the back of my mind, a faint whisper: Taaaaaaco Caaaaaaaasa. Missing my tacos muchly, I had to seek them out, and we found ourselves there at last, ready to try a Taco Lunch, for better or for worse.

To my surprise... fresh, delicious ingredients! Tried both crispy and soft tacos, basking in their glorious flavor. Crisp lettuces, real cheese, nicely spiced chicken, admirable avacados (and gorgeous guac!) and when it comes to spicy, well... the chili sauce option is, in my opinion, a good upgrade in the spice department, but beware- not for the faint. One bite of my friend's burrito (with both jalapeño and the chilis) was enough to raise my temperature a couple degrees! Fresh juices or smoothies will cool you right off-- I had apple, beet and ginger mix and it was great. Didn't try the enchiladas or the sangria but I saw them sailing out of the kitchen and they looked great.

The location is casual and cute, with indoor and outdoor seating. There are wood tables and comfortable chairs, funny signs displayed throughout. NICE, CLEAN BATHROOMS! (I feel you can a lot about a restaurant by their bathroom sanitation) Though close to the hub, It's not in the busiest, most central part of downtown Ubud. It's near a couple of other cafes and restaurants and a couple of shops, but not nearly as busy as the thick streets between Hanuman and Monkey Forest road. That said, it is still close enough to walk to the busiest part, and only a 5 minute walk to Monkey Forest.

The staff was really nice, there was a good mix of people coming and going, and all in all, it was very enjoyable. Is it my love for tacos or is it Taco Casa? I'd be happy to say it's each supporting the other. If you want a casually delicious, inexpensive, quality meal Give Taco Casa a shot!

Oh-- and they *deliver* in Ubud as well. If I lived here this would be my #1 taco jam :)

• Visited September 2013