“The only place in Ubud we visited twice on this trip”
Review of Taco Casa

Taco Casa
Ranked #59 of 860 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Established in 2010, Taco Casa is simple, clean, casual, quick - friendly service taco joint, serving fresh, light & delicious Mexican flavors. Our flour tortillas, guacamole, pico de gallo salsa, enchilada sauce, hot sauce, beans (black, pinto and re-fried beans), taco shells, corn chips, taco salad bowl and salad dressings are all made from scratch from fresh ingredients and contain no lard, MSG or preservatives. They are prepared in small batches daily and kept refrigerated to assure quality and freshness. We use organic and local ingredients whenever possible. our beef is all tenderloin cuts and our chicken is all breast fillet. Three locations: Ubud, Seminyak and Canggu. Ubud location offer dine-in, take away and delivery service (within Ubud area only). Rp 5.000 to Rp 10.000 delivery charge will be added to the bill.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Brought our kids here as a respite after days of warungs and all sorts of local flavors in Bedugul. They loved everything so much that they literally (on 2 separate visits) ate everything on the menu. The magic is in the freshness and quality of ingredients. This is no gourmet fare but with a solid basic recipe and efficient and consistent prep procedures, this is as good as a food assembly line can get. Somehow, the open kitchen set-up and lack of airconditioning also helps perk up the appetite. Just as we were cleaning up our plates, we saw a batch of crispy tacos being fished out of the fryer and ordered another round. My kids just couldn't get enough of the quesadillas. Even my picky daughter who doesn't eat cheese or any dairy was happy enough with her do-it-yourself tacos. The 8 layer burrito wasn't at all as intimidating as it sounded. My eldest son easily downed his single-handedly and shared some nacho salad, tacos and quesadillas to boot. My only complaint about this place? Although the price would seem to be reasonable at first glance, because everything looked, sounded and smelled so good, before I knew it, our bill had begun to pile up. Sure we had a carafe of sangria and a couple of mojitos (their drinks were on the pricey side actually), but 120USD felt a little too much for a curbside taqueria in Bali. I guess it wasn't really their fault. The menu looked very enticing that you felt like saying "2 of everything, please". On our next visit, we skipped the alcohol but still ate to our heart's content. This cut our bill by only about a quarter. So, be careful coming here if on a budget and can't control your appetite. You may just spend as much as at any fine dining place in Ubud. But if you enjoy tex-mex, want a break from local fare and don't mind plopping down on an all-too-casual, rather humid and noisy open-air joint 2 meters from the curb, definitely come here. I was even coerced to come back a second time by my kids, but I admit to loving every minute (bite) of it.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,911)

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I'll keep this simple. This little restaurant serves up some mean Mexican food that could hold its own in California. Mexican is my go-to food back home, and this is the real deal. This is not wimpy Asian-style Mexican; at Taco Casa they use 10" tortillas, cheese that tastes like real cheese, and they serve up big helpings of fresh salsa and guacamole. When you order the beef, you get tenderloin carne asada. And when the bill comes, you pay acceptable taqueria prices. I was surprised, and you will be too.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

After all the Indonesian food that we have the whole day, we usually end up at Taco Casa at around 9.30 pm. Resto closes at 10pm. We take our after dinner snack at this time. We have tried almost everything on themenu: tacos, quesadillas, burrittos, salads....all were tasty and good value for money. This is TexMex but a welcome change after indulging in all the satays, nasi campur and mie gorengs the whole day.

1  Thank sole2soultravel
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My kids were craving for tacos (as we my wife prepares this at home) in the middle of our Bali trip. We were surprised to find a superb Mexican restaurant in the middle of Ubud, Bali - thanks to Tripadvisor, of course.

As with all the previous reviews, they serve authentic Mexican food. The burritos are delicious. The hard shell tacos are how we expected them to be. I liked the tamarind shake as with my wife's margarita. Oh I almost forgot that it's good value for money.

Service is quite good. They even helped us book a taxi (and negotiate down the fare as well) because location wise it was a bit far down the city center and quite a looong walk - we were surprised that our hotel staff told us it's walkable with 2 kids! But dont let this prevent you from visiting there.

If you want variety and authenticity in your tropical vacation, Taco Casa it is!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Living in Asia, to get good Mexican food can be a challenge. Looking at Trip Advisor for recommendations, Taco Casa came up highly recommended, it was near our hotel so we gave it a try and were not disappointed. Good cheese is a challenge we face in China and here the cheese on our nachos and burritos was excellent and plenty of it. The sangria was lovely as well. Not too expensive, an enjoyable dinner.