Alas Petulu Cottages
$177
$280
$254
Agoda.com
All reviewsstayed in the family roomthe main streettub and showermaking noiseminute walklove ubudlarge poolpool areagood sizelate checkenjoyable staybig bathroomgreat poolmonkey forestthree nightsnight staymain pool
Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

I was initially suppose to stay for two or three nights and I decided to leave after the first day. The room was musty and dark. Definetely not for claustrophobic people or people who likes space, light and brightness

They also have a kind of spray that they had fixed to the wall so it sprays some lilac perfume in the room every fifteen minutes or so to cover the musty/moldy smell. I actually unhooked it from the wall because it was making me a little sick.
It's a little far from the center. Absolutely not worth the money. There are very good guesthouse cheaper around jl kajeng that are worth it and much cheaper.

Staff was nice and polite

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Alicelamenace
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised with this lodging! I agree with everything other reviewers have noted - excellent service & hosts, beautiful garden setting, but also the barking dogs (not something that can be controlled) and the close but slightly out of the way location. We stayed in the two story building - essentially our own building not connected to anything - with the private balcony and veranda. Rooms were clean and well-equipped with a fridge and small kitchen sink area. The pool was amazing - private and almost always empty - it felt like a private pool! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were two friends travelling together and we stayed in the family unit - great to have our own rooms. Bliss to hang out on the upper balcony in the evenings after we cooled off in the pool. Easy walk to town - but we found it hard to tear ourselves away from the beautiful blissful gardens.

Room Tip: We loved the family room - we enjoyed the space for the price!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed at the private pool villa for 3 nights. Is a quiet and nice place!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JNCF79
Reviewed April 5, 2012

There were four adults in our group sharing a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom unit for 3 days, 2 nights. Alas Petulu Cottages are located just 15 minutes walking from Ubud’s shops, restaurants, and cultural shows. A walk to the Monkey Forest & Yoga Barn took me 30+ minutes. Alas Petulu served our breakfast on a private patio, which was nice. The breakfast consisted of coffee/tea, toast, egg, and a fruit plate. I ordered a well done hardboiled egg that arrived runny. Everyone else in my group was happy with the omelet choice. Another reviewer had complained about the resident barking dog(s). I hadn't expected to be bothered by such noise for I have a dog at home; however, Alma Petulu's dog's barking was incessant our first nite. The dog was quiet our 2nd night. So I guess one never knows what one will get. The only other problem was that we lost electricity & running water (not at the same time) for perhaps a couple of hours. On the plus side, Alma Petulu is very affordable especially for such a large space.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends