“Lovely Villa in Beautiful Setting”

Ashoka Tree Resort Ubud
Ranked #84 of 615 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had a lovely time at Bali Rich Villas. It was the last three nights of a two week Bali holiday. The overall property is stunning. The individual villas are wonderful. The restaurant is great value with amazing food. The only reason I have not rated this villa as excellent is because the smaller details get missed. Not enough to spoil a holiday - it was fabulous - but enough to be the difference between Very Good and Excellent. I would highly recommend especially if you get a good deal on the internet.

Room Tip: One you're inside your room you could be anywhere!!! It really doesn't matter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
njomangangga, Manager at Ashoka Tree Resort Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear Rbrac,

Thanks for your great review and looking forward to welcoming you at our next holiday.

With kind regards,

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Everything that I wanted @ these villas, peace & quiet, staff friendly & helpful but not intrusive. Love the fact that I could have breakfast cooked for me at villa every morning! Indulged in a bubble/bath salt bath every night and private plunge pool allowing me to have total time to myself, would recommend to anyone who wanted total privacey.

Room Tip: I had room 111 close to reception but away from pool & restaraunt
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I have just came back from Bali, stayed in Bali Rich only and it was wonderful! The staff are so polite and friendly, the resort is lovely (having pool, spa and a restaurant) and our villa was huge - very clean and pleasant to stay in! It is about 20min drive from the centre of Ubud and there are shuttle buses organized from the resort every couple of hours. And when we wanted to go at some other time, they would drive us for $5 (for both of us) to the centre.
The only reason why we would go to some other place next time is because Ubud is bit further from the beaches... But if you are looking for Ubud accommodation I highly recommended Bali Rich!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Being a single woman travelling alone I loved the peacefulness, beautiful scenery, the security of a small resort where all the staff new my name was priceless. My villa was amazing, everything within a couple of steps. I loved the activities such as the walking tours, painting and Katung making. I ate at the restaraunt most breakfasts and every dinner. Views and the fresh breeze up the valley was spectacular. The breakfast cooked in my villa was soo indulgent. For couples i can only imagine that it would be so romantic, a private pool, four poster bed and a huge bath. The friendly and proffessional drivers were great again you wouldn't think of hiring anyone else. Even though it was a small resort I had everything at my fingertips even the spa was available at any time and it was picture perfect just like the rest of the resort. Loved it....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The drive to the villas from the airport is long. However, its worth it. 10 mins to the city though the villas are very quiet, excellent rooms. excellent service. Also have your privacy. This is definetly one of the biggest single floor villas We had the chef come in and cook for us. Within the villa is a small plunge pool, there is a bigger pool outdoors. The bathroom is big and airy and we asked for a bath drawn with petals and it was just beautiful. The villas and surrounding areas are very clean and well decorated. Its modern with the Bali luxury touch. I would stay there again and again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very nice villa. Very private with your own pool. Beautiful bathroom with large tub and nice shower. Staff is the best. Located 10 - 15 minutes from town, very quiet area. Free shuttle to town and back. Nice spa and restaurant. Stayed 5 nights and wished we could of stayed much longer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank twoyellowdogs
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed at Bali Rich Villas for 7 nights as part of an internet deal and were very happy with our room. The plunge pool was very refreshing to say the least because of it being in the shade most of the day. The fact that we were only a few steps from the main pool area meant this wasn't a problem for us as we used this pool most of the time. The staff were all friendly and very helpful. We found the transfer service was very efficient as we stayed in Seminyak both before and after our stay in Ubud and the driver was actually early for our pick up. Used the shuttle most afternoons to eat in Ubud for dinner but breakfast at the hotel was very good. Make sure you try the cinnamon toast!!!! Wonderful views from the restaurant over the valley so did not have breakfast in our room, shame to waste the view. The gardens are magnificent and beautifully maintained. Enjoyed our time relaxing around the pool and mostly had the pool to ourselves whilst others were out sight seeing. Peace and quiet at night although I understand the rooster next door did wake some of the guests early in the morning. Hopefully we will be back again to stay soon.

Room Tip: If you want to use the main pool, ask for a room nearest the restaurant.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ubud
Sthala, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel
#230 of 615 in Ubud
Mandala Desa
Mandala Desa
#12 of 615 in Ubud

Been to Ashoka Tree Resort Ubud? Share your experiences!