Our stay here was very pleasant overall. The surroundings were wonderful and we had breakfast everyday at the restaurant because the view was so awesome. The villas are well appointed and toiletries such as dental kits, toothpaste, shower cap, etc are provided (this was surprising). They even provided bath salts which was cool and when we requested for more bottled water, the service staff obliged immediately. The bedroom and bathroom are very spacious and clean.
The massage at the villa was ok, we had it free as part of our package which was a nice touch. But I preferred to go to external spas for the same massage quality at half the price charged by the villa spa.
The main draw of this place would be its peace and quiet and lovely surroundings but this place is not for those who want to be near Ubud centre as it takes almost 15 mins to reach there, and more if there is a traffic jam. Ubud has become very crowded which is really sad and traffic conditions are quite horrible. Special mention too about the service staff, they are awesome - friendly, obliging, very quick to respond to requests and just really warm and approachable.
I would have given this villa full stars if not for these - 1. The breakfast policy. Breakfast was adequate but would have been great if we could order one or two items for sharing without extra charge like most villas we've stayed at in Ubud. You can only order ONE item on the menu per person and children above 5 yrs old have to pay for breakfast even though they don't eat very much. Perhaps we were spoilt by the other villas we've stayed at who do not charge for extra beds or breakfast for young children below 6 or 8 years old.
2. The shuttle service to Ubud was nice but the return trip timings do not work for families with young children who have slightly earlier bedtimes before 10 pm. You would need to pay USD$7 per car per trip for shuttle services outside their prescribed timing. Not too expensive but again, we've been spoilt by other villas who provided on-demand shuttle services.
3. The plunge pools in the villas are really tiny, not for swimming. Only for dipping. I did expect a bigger pool for the price I paid for these villas. There was a pool for children and a slightly bigger pool for adults near the restaurant but the point of having pool villas is to be able to swim in them, no?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bali Rich Luxury Villa & Spa Ubud is reminiscent of a traditional Balinese village where life is lived just one day at a time. The property embraces a green parcel of landscape overlooking the Wos River on the rural outskirts of Ubud. It is an area charged with spiritual energy where the legacy of local art and culture is carefully preserved. Guests are welcomed with a signature brand of hospitality and personalized services that enhance the quality of each and every stay. Bali Rich Luxury Villa & Spa Ubud is removed from the busy pace of modern living. It is a place to take time out to relax and rediscover the simple pleasures revealed by each by each new day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ashoka Tree Resort Ubud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Rich Luxury Villas Ubud Hotel Gianyar
- Ashoka Tree Resort Ubud Bali