We found Bali Rich to be exceptionally friendly and accommodating to any request. We stayed at the end of May and they were relatively quiet, but with only 17 villas in total, I can't imagine that it ever gets busy to the point of intrusive. Standard of room, cleanliness, service, restaurant, breakfast cooked in villa, etc could not be faulted. We stayed at Bali Rich using a Deals.com voucher, and so it is probably unfair to promote the value, but it was exceptional for a private pool villa. Meal and drink prices at the restaurant were comparable or slightly higher than for similar standard restaurants in Ubud.
Other reviewers have found that they are very pushy promoting their own tours and perhaps this could be the case if you just want to do nothing, but since we did want to get out and about, we were happy to use their services and create custom itineraries that covered what we wanted to see. Price was probably a bit higher than we could have got elsewhere but was still very reasonable for a private tour.
They also organised a white water rafting trip with Graha Adventure at a reasonable discount to the normal price (paid direct to Graha, not the villa), which was very professionally run.
Location is about 15 minutes drive out of the main town. There is a shuttle that is convenient in the morning but limited in the evenings - however, you can ring them for a taxi pickup at any time for only 50,000Rp (about $5.50), which we did twice and they were very prompt on both occasions. We also took a very short taxi trip whilst in Ubud and that was 40,000Rp for only a 3 -4 km trip.
Overall a very enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bali Rich Luxury Villa & Spa Ubud is reminiscent of a traditional Balinese village where life is lived just one day at a time. The property embraces a green parcel of landscape overlooking the Wos River on the rural outskirts of Ubud. It is an area charged with spiritual energy where the legacy of local art and culture is carefully preserved. Guests are welcomed with a signature brand of hospitality and personalized services that enhance the quality of each and every stay. Bali Rich Luxury Villa & Spa Ubud is removed from the busy pace of modern living. It is a place to take time out to relax and rediscover the simple pleasures revealed by each by each new day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Ashoka Tree Resort Ubud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Rich Luxury Villas Ubud Hotel Gianyar
- Ashoka Tree Resort Ubud Bali