“An ok massage”
Review of Lily Spa

Lily Spa
Ranked #74 of 230 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I went it Lily Spa after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I have lived in Thailand for many years and this massage is cheap but not great, the 1 hour massage includes a shower which is nice to take all the oil off but it's included in the hour plus changing etc so it works out that it's a 45min massage. If you have any muscle problems look somewhere else. I tried it 3 times so I gave it a good shot.

2  Thank vicrosser
"pampering"
"oils"
"aud"

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We decided to try the one hour Balinese massage, it was six dollars how could one go wrong?! It was so far from wrong it's not even funny. We went back EVERY single day we were in Ubud. LOVED it, absolutely fabulous.

2  Thank ljo84
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I (personally) like massage with strong (yet unpainful) pressure, which of course, done by experienced masseurs. I’ve tried at least a dozen of massage places in Ubud, from the budget to the so-called high-end ones, and found that Lily Spa provides that kind of massage (strong yet unpainful) – well at least that’s what I always get from my regular Lily’s masseur: Mbok Ayu. I have also tried their Javanese Lulur (scrub) and hair cream bath, but still, my fave service is their one-hour Balinese massage. Sooo good and relaxing – along with cheap price (IDR 60,000) makes it even better. You might need to book in advance during the weekend, as they’re usually fully booked.

P.S. If you’re sort-of a high-maintenance person, I have to be honest that this place may not be the right one (in Ubud). Try others like SANg Spa, The Kayma Spa, or even The Royal Pita Maha Spa for match expectation.

5  Thank NovietaTourisia
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I chose Lily spa as it was close to my accommodation and I had read other reviews on TA. Unfortunately for my husband and I, this was a poor experience. Although my therapy room was quite clean, my husband said his room was filthy, with oil splattered up the walls of the shower and the whole room feeling dirty. We both agreed the massages were poor quality and although we requested gentle massages, the therapist was rough and the massages hurt. My massage included oil dripping from a copper canister onto my hair. Unfortunately the therapist was not paying attention and the oil ran over my face and into my eyes. My eyes were closed, but the oil still got in and my eyes stung and when I opened them, I could not see properly for a few hours. I walked out looking very the worse for wear. Plenty of other massages places in Ubud (Jaens and Bali Botanica are both great). Avoid Lilys.

1  Thank melwollongong
See more reviews
Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

Went there yesterday with girlfriend as close to our hotel and has some good trip advisor reviews. Had the green tea treatment with massage. However Girls there did not know how to massage and could barely feel any pressure. Room was very cold and had sounds annoying us coming from main reception where the room was next to. Place was a bit dirty. Would not go back... You get what you pay for here

1  Thank Hw1104