“Thanksgiving Buffet”

Ranked #260 of 838 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Indonesian, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Taksu chefs blend the best of Indonesian, Asian, Continental, ethnic, vegetarian and raw culinary traditions and innovations to create an intriguing menu to cater for Ubud's growing ranks of wellness-focused visitors and residents. Raw food principles are strictly adhered to in a broad selection of soups, salads, main courses and deliciously fulfilling desserts. Chicken and seafood can be added to a wide array of vegetarian dishes. Our chefs utilize traditional Balinese and Indonesian recipes for the main menu and daily specials, but with a spice mixture suited to western palettes unless extra zest is requested. All fruit and vegetable drinks are blended by an expert team whom serve with heart their magical concoctions of organic fruit and vegetables.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I went to Taksu for their Thanksgiving Buffet dinner. All the food was delicious and the dining room was lovely. The price was fixed and you could eat all you cared to. This was a great deal, especially considering the cost of imported turkeys.

1  Thank richardmw1
LisaUbud, Manager at Taksu Terrace Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Your kind words have all of us at Taksu thinking about turkey again! You will be pleased to know that we will have another fantastic Thanksgiving extravaganza this year. Of course turkey, both traditional oven-roasted and Balinese Betutu (smoked underground) styles, will be the cornerstone of the buffet, but there will be new items as well to keep you coming back for more. Book early as it is always in popular demand!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This place is gorgeous. I couldn't understand why the restaurant with such cheap prices was empty for breakfast. The service answered that question for me. After the server repeated our order to us, only two items (out of 8) came out correctly, or in a reasonable amount of time. It took about 35 minutes to get our food only for it to be missing major parts of the order (veggie omelet sans the veggies!). They even gave me tea instead of coffee, which I thought was their version of "coffee", which they charged me for anyway despite their mistake. My friend went back for lunch, but I would not give this place another chance. The food was ok but not special once it was all delivered correctly.

Thank you for advising us of the poor service delivered during your recent breakfast. With such a stunning setting, we must certainly not allow this situation to happen again.

Our breakfast menu was designed so that guests can order breakfast just the way they like it, including a wide choice of ingredients, toppings and cooking preferences. However, this means that the menu can be rather daunting for new staff. They may have become so flustered trying to get your order right that they mixed up a simple coffee order. Therefore, we are intensively re-training all staff to ensure breakfast orders are taken courteously, yet efficiently.

We have also completed a re-design of our kitchen to ensure the staff can prepare items more quickly.

Please contact me in advance before your next visit as I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention in order to quickly find solutions.

ceo@taksu.co

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The restaurant was lovely, looks expensive and classy, amazing comfy chairs. Menu was average. I had steamed veggies in soy sauce that were very good! The view is beautiful too.

I returned another day to try the raw food. I have been eating raw food for the last two weeks in Bali at great cafes so I thought I should try taksus menu.

I had a wheatgrass shot, it was the cheapest one I found in ubud 15,000 rupiah. They have a lot of different wheatgrass shots and types of juices. Average juice menu so I didn't order one. They have a small list of raw food, very basic.  I ordered the raw enchiladas. They took a while to come but when they did the first thing i thought was wow they are big! They looked great and tasted good too.

I then ordered the macadamia apple pie after reading about it online. It was just macadamia and apple blended together with cinnamon. However there were blue/purple patches at the bottom! Looked like mould. I asked the waitress what it was and she said its okay and I said I don't think soo... She took it back to the kitchen and returned with it saying that the dates and the oil make it go like that because its raw? I asked her why its just at the bottom to which she had no answer. I didn't want it. They still made me pay for it. Not going back there again sorry. To be honest I wouldn't waste my time there when there are better raw/healthy cafes just down the road.

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed information about your dining experience as it certainly helps improve our services. It is a pity that your experience started out so well with the plentiful and tasty raw burritos, and yet ended so poorly with the raw macadamia apple pie. The explanation provided by the waitress was correct as the raw oils do leak through the crust, turning into the vivid colors you described. This is common and does not in anyway affect the freshness of the pie.

However, it is our policy to refund dishes that are not up to expectation, so we apologize that this did not happen on this occasion. We are re-training service staff to ensure that this situation does not occur again.

We will shortly have launched new breakfast, lunch and dinner menus which will include a wider selection of innovative raw, vegan, vegetarian and gluten free dishes in addition to our range of duck, organic chicken and seafood cuisine. Our focus will remain serving fresh, organic healthy meals for a broad range of clientele, including raw food enthusiasts.

Please contact me in advance before your next visit as would like to personally thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

ceo@taksu.co

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I really enjoyed this spa. The environment is very relaxing. Lush garden, by the river outside of the main road. Feels like you are not in busy Ubud...nice feeling. Employees are very friendly. I had delicious fod there and drinks. The raw apple pie with macadamia ice cream is a jewel. The best Jamu drink I had at Taksu as well! It is never very crowded, so I enjoyed just spend a moment there, reading and writing. I also had a lymphatic massage there twice. The facilities are very beautiful and I enjoyed subtle touch nedeed for this kind of massage. The downside was a glass of water after massage, instead of a cup of warm tea as in a lot of spa around.

LisaUbud, Manager at Taksu Terrace Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thanks very much for your kind feedback. Taksu truly is a tranquil oasis in the heart of Ubud. We will soon be offering food and drink service in the new garden area, and this is a great spot for relaxation. One would never imagine that you are just minutes away from bustling Hanoman and Monkey Forest streets..

In addition to the Lymphatic Massage practicum, we usually have several practicums on offer, so hope you will return to try out one or more of these. They really help our staff refine their skills by paying attention to the customer feedback forms.

Hope to see you on your next visit.

CEO

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The raw food menu at this restaurant is excellent. There are wonderful specials everyday. The food is beautifully presented and the tastes are incredible. This is a "must do" experience if you visit Ubud, Bali.

LisaUbud, Manager at Taksu Terrace Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thanks very much for visiting and tantalizing your taste buds with all our incredible dishes, both on the regular menu and the daily specials created to capitalize on Bali’s bountiful seasonal fruits and vegetables, plus delights from the sea. Although our raw menu is extensive, we also offer vegan, vegetarian, poultry and seafood cuisine in international and local styles.

We continue to evolve our menus and will shortly open several new restaurants, so hope you will return again soon.

Kind Regards,