“Back to Nature”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Back to Nature”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

It was a nice walk and it was interesting to see grow what I only knew as dried herbs in my spice rack. The walk ended in Lili's shop, where his wife served herbal tea and organic crackers and where you can also buy herbal teas, handmade soap, and many other nice items – all organic and all locally produced.

I had burned my wrist rather badly the day before, so I bought some natural antiseptic which almost immediately reduced the blister and the swelling. Magic!

What I particularly liked was that the little shopping bags that they use are re-cycled. The bags are put together with used paper by local school kids who get 5 cents for every bag they make. Nice touch!

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Uschi_12

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Hoi An, Vietnam
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“A really lovely way of seeing rural life very close to Ubud”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

We did the herb walk with Dewi and were really impressed with her knowledge of herbs in particular and plants in general. The best part of the walk however was her insight into life as the daughter of a rice farmer and we came away feeling grateful for the opportunties we have to travel and the chance we have of free education up to the age of 18 in the UK. The countryside was stunning and only a few minutes walk from the busy town of Ubud. it was good to stop halfway through the walk and Dewi answered any questions we had about the system of rice farming and Balinese life in general very clearly. We felt very priveleged to have been given a little more knowledge on the subject as well as walk through beautiful countryside for a few hours. We would highly recommend the walk.

Visited July 2011
4 Thank Ruth D
Paihia, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The best face cream I have used.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

I haven't done the Bali herb walk yet but will be doing that next year when we return to Ubud. I went into to their shop with my son Clint and bought body cream and face cream and a few other thing's. It is the best cream I have ever used on my face and people have noticed that my skin is looking much better. I am 58 so have tried lot's of product's. They are also the most beautiful people to deal with.
Anne N.Z

Visited June 2011
6 Thank anma53
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Informative walk through the rice paddies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

I did the walk with Lilir a couple of days ago. The group was very small, only two of us, and it was nice to see the real Ubud, not just the main street and Monkey Forest road. The walk was very informative although the herbal content was not as high as I thought it would be. We talked about herbs but also about the rice paddies, the life of farmers and their association with the arts and even black magic. The walk itself isn't strenuous and we even stopped to have a coconut drink - straight from the coconut. Having done a couple of other tours (Eco Bali Cycling Tour and Paon Bali Cooking Class) while in Ubud I found that there were quite a few overlaps in terms of talking about rice paddies, Balinese life, etc, but in the end I found them to be complimentary as they all spoke about it from different perspectives. Overall I recommend the walk but if you have limited time and like either cooking or cycling, I would recommend the others in preference.

Visited April 2011
3 Thank irissa_of_oz
Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“a very enjoyable herbal walk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2010

We truly enjoyed our morning herbal walk with Lilir thought the rice fields and coconut trees. He is a very knowledgeable guide regarding plants and herbs and the Balinese culture as well as organic farming. it was a wonderful experience learn about herbs and medicinal plants and actually seeing them and being able to recognize them. I would recommend this tour for children too. The walk is about 3 hours and easy going, we stopped to drink and eat a fresh coconut and later had a tea at their herbal shop.
There was a Jamu class (ancient traditional Indonesian medecine) at the shore when we came back from the store; it looked like a lot of fun and if I had the time i would have taken it too. Here are some photos attached to give a better idea of the walk. Don't miss this experience and meeting with Lilir as he is a wonderful individual!!

1 Thank Seize_the_day_1978