My husband and I really enjoyed our stay. The buildings are architecturally designed, only 4 years old and really classy. The natural setting surrounding the buildings is truly divine and the buildings maximise on the gorgeous view. The photos do not come close to showing just how beautiful everything is. It was such a lovely setting we didn't want to leave it, and basically sat around soaking it in and swimming for two days - I think this is the kind of place you go to do this, but if you're wanting to get to Ubud during the day, it's not convenient and the trip in can be expensive. Having said that, the other guests were travelling in to Ubud, so maybe it's not really a big deal, but we chose not to leave. It's really quite isolated, so don't be concerned when it takes you a long way from Ubud - the drive there was gorgeous, it's a beautiful part of the world. The food is not up to the same standard as the the hotel itself, but we actually didn't mind because there is nowhere else to eat, so at least we were paying reasonable prices for home style cooked food rather than extortionate prices for fancy food. We enjoyed everything we ate. The service was nice, not perfect or over the top, not bad either, just friendly. Our bathroom was a gorgeous outside bathroom in a sculpted garden which I found super charming until I saw someone hiding in the garden watching me shower - could be less diligent with the gardening here and leave less gaps perhaps? I didn't let it bother me, I just thought the person was a jerk, but still it blemished the sense of isolation and beauty the bathroom was set up to achieve. The gardens and scenery really blew me away and it was a great experience. You're close to nature, so you'll see frogs, bugs and fireflies at night, we loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dara Ayu Villas & Spa is a newly built boutique resort located near Ubud, Bali’s famous art and culture centre. It is set in its own valley and among the immaculate terraces of rice paddies so whichever villa you choose to stay you have the magnificent views of the rice paddies and also the mountains. It is especially designed for couples wanting to celebrate those special occasions like wedding, honeymoon or their love for each other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dara Ayu Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dara Ayu Villas Hotel Ubud
- Dara Ayu Villas And Spa
- Dara Ayu Villas & Spa Ubud, Bali