“Lovely ambience with a quirky feel”
Review of Art Cafe Bar

Art Cafe Bar
Ranked #191 of 810 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We ate here the first night in Ubud. The staff are friendly and the meals were good. It has a quirky feel with random furniture and couches. Recommended

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Art Kafe was recommended by a friend of ours.
At first sight, everything seems good. Nicely decorated, good menu.

But the food was just so-so. Maybe we got there on a wrong evening. But I just hate when you receive the main course when you're not even finished with the starter!

As a maincourse I had the soto ayam (chickensoup). I found three pieces of chicken in the middle of a huge pile of leek. I'm of indonesian origin and I'm spoiled by my mother's / grandmother's cooking. This was nothing close to a decent soto ayam!
Also we spend our evening there with just one drink, as the staff didn't bother to check up on us for more drinks..

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Dropped by in the evening around 8.30pm for the band. It's not one of the best band in town but these 2 guys are very passionate. Love the ambience. It's decorated with a mixture of rustic furnitures and its very romantic in the evening. Worth dropping by for a cup of coffee and finger food after dinner.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

It seems a while since anyone has updated about this place, and I'm quite surprised to see negative reviews. I think it's lovely. The staff are happy and welcoming, and the food is very good. They do a lovely strawberry daiquiri too!

If you sit at the back of the restaurant it's open on two sides, and makes a very peaceful retreat from the busier Jalan Monkey Forest.

I was also lucky enough to catch some live music on a Saturday night - including an acoustic Indonesian version of Knocking on Heavens Door. What's not to like? :-)

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great small cafe in Ubud, serves great juices, smoothies, coffee and drinks.

The place has a relaxed feels and plats great soul and jazz tunes as well as rock classics.