“Doesn't really deliver”
Review of Bollero Restaurant

Bollero Restaurant
Ranked #241 of 731 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A fusion of charisma and creative spirit. Our fresh food, artistically presented, is delicious in taste and value.Holiday in Bali ? Just go to Ubud. Ubud has known as the artistic village in Bali. Spend your night with a great dinner and a wine cellar experience at our new restaurant in Ubud which is located at Jalan Dewi Sita (Dewi Sita Street), Ubud Bali. The restaurant was launched on 7th October 2010 with an artistic design. One of the best restaurants and bar in Ubud! Spectacular selection of unique cuisine, including a wide selection of wine. Very reasonably priced for the top quality of food.
Asia
“Doesn't really deliver”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Oh dear. I really wanted to like this place because the prices were reasonable, there was a good choice of fish and veggie dishes, and the music was subdued (some of the places on this roadave deafening live music). But first my choice of dish was off, then they had no large Bintang or Bali Hai, then my husband was told there was some problem with his meal choice. So we both ended up with the tuna - but they were vastly different sized portions, placed on top of a meagre portion of chips (thus making them soggy), and instead of the promised vegetables there was just lettuce (and only mine had dressing). It's a real shame because the fish was nicely cooked and the sauce delicious. It was just as well that there were few other customers as there seemed to be only one waitress doing everything plus a barman doing very little - so we had to wait quite a while to place our order.

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Wroclaw, Poland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The food is just amazing, the best culinary experience in Indonesia. Every dish we had was great. We came there back several times during our stay in Ubud.
Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2014
Manchester
“Well Worth A Visit”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

It's a good job I hadn't read other recent reviews before we went hear as it would have put me off; as it is, I'm glad we did.

It does seem the portions can be small;my wife had steamed black cod which wouldn't have been sufficient for some people but was for her. On the other hand, my chicken and pumpkin curry was plentiful and I couldn't finish it.

The food was hot, tasty and mine had been made extra spicy as I had asked. We really enjoyed the cool atmosphere and great service. A solid 4 stars.

• Visited February 2014
Cologne, Germany
“High design, bad delivery”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Portions are small served on big platters, my meal was cold, shrimps where dry, the tea was delivers cold as well and the price at the end was not appropriate. Bad performance at town wher good food is not an issue at all.

Visited January 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
“Won't be rushing back”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We found this restaurant while walking around Ubud, looking for a place for dinner. We chose this place as my husband was interested in the Duck Orange in the menu. Turns out the Duck. Orange was available, so he picked baramundi which was also not available and the waitress said it hasn't been for a while., yet they didn't take it off the menu. He ordered the grilled prawns with gnocci in the end and I ordered the fish satay. Both dishes were just average. I've had much better fish satay, so it was quite a disappointment that the fish satay tasted like it was made with minced chicken. The portion was just enough. Service was also average. With so much improvements to the place, the price is definitely overpriced. Unless they have the Duck Orange we wouldn't be back here.

• Visited December 2013