“Breathtaking views”
other travelers have booked this property
Lounge overlooking the 180 degree jungle valley Sunrise from your bed
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Lounge overlooking the 180 degree jungle valley
Sunrise from your bed
Gorgeous infinity pool overlooking the valley
Relaxing by the pool
Infinity pool with 180 degree panoramic view
Magical world at night
Bathroom with bamboo forest view
Peaceful at night
Tropical living
Tree house bedroom
Villa Shamballa style
Romantic candlelit dinner for two
Daily cocktail hour service at dusk
Infinity pool and deck with 180 degree view
Tranquil and peaceful at night
Colonial theme
Cozy loung area with a constant tropical breeze
Tropical tree house
Tasteful decorations
Tropical flower bath
Dinning bale by the pool
Your tropical home in the jungle
Breakfast by the pool
Alfresco dining
Tropical living
Private yoga lesson
Signature Indonesian feast
Dvd, satellite tv, internet for your entertainment
Warm hospitality
Villa Shamballa, closest place to heaven on earth
Bedroom and living area at night
The perfect location to recharge your batteries
Welcome to Villa Shamballa
Praying at the villa temple
Infinity pool and valley view
Pool at night
Ideal for a honeymoon (small wedding at the villa in March 2012)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Sylvia M
“Pretty Shamballa!”
Reviewed April 16, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Very nice location, pretty home decoration & pool and spacious bedroom!
Also the staff is lovely and caring.
Great stay and certainly would love to come back!

Tess B
“Breathtaking views ”
Reviewed April 14, 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

This was our favourite villa to stay at in Ubud! The views are amazing and I love how you have the entire house to yourself + it's all open. We watched fireflies during the night and woke up to a sunrise from bed. The food was delicious and they are more than happy to cater to dietary needs. They also made us a beautiful flower bath after the massages, it was overall an amazing relaxing experience and we definitely would come back again.. Maybe move in (I wish) hahaha!

PamPeter1...
Toronto, Canada
“Honeymoon Spectacular”
Reviewed February 12, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Villa Shamballa our saviour in Bali. Came for 15 nights in Bali and split our time in Nusa Dua, Seminyak and lastly Ubud. We never had more of a bad experience in our travels than here in Bali. Thank goodness for Villa Shamballa. 5 star everything.
You get your own Villa, your own pool and your own staff catering to you. Wendy and Atsu the owner of this Villa is doing an excellent job. Their staff Kadek, Minnie and Wayan are incredible. Very professional, friendly and down to earth. When you need something they are there to cater to you right away. They can arrange for tours, transport, reservation etc... The attention to detail is remarkable. Now the food. You get free breakfast and its delicious. We had lunch and dinner here and not one complaint. Kadek is an amazing cook. They have Indonesian and western food selection.
Now the villa. Its a piece of heaven on earth. Its so beautiful. The moment you walk in and you see the view its beautiful. Your own infinity pool is looking out into the forest and its spectacular.
We love this place. And we love the staff and the service

Sophie N
Sydney, Australia
“Heaven On Earth...”
Reviewed February 11, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Villa Shamballa is pure paradise. We stayed here on our honeymoon for seven days and never wanted to leave!

From the moment we arrived, we knew we'd found Heaven on Earth. We wanted for nothing. The wonderful housekeepers, Kadek and Minnie, are not only super-efficient, they are so kind and welcoming, AND incredible cooks: we ate here every night!

The villa is like something out of Architectural Digest. Beautifully considered inside and out, sumptuous - yet comfy - white couches are divine to curl up on downstairs in between dips in the infinity pool, while upstairs the HUGE bedroom/lounge area is an incredible expanse overlooking the tropical valley below.

Villa Shamballa is truly a rare jewel: you simply must experience it for yourself. This haven is above and beyond anywhere we have ever stayed. Words cannot express just how much we love this place. It will take your breath away. We can't wait to return...

mez_mama
London
“Wonderful stay ”
Reviewed December 16, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

We had booked this villa as a romantic get away for our 10th anniversary, however before coming to Bali we started feeling guilty about leaving our two girls behind; so we ended up bringing them along. Although we had not specified this when we booked, Wendy and Atsu were very accommodating. As it was the three of us stayed on the big bed and my husband on the day bed (yes very romantic it was!)

We ate at the villa most evenings and we also used the car and driver (pick up and drop at airport plus going on half day tour as well as going into ubud centre a few times). Altogether our food and transport bill came to around 2.85 mill idr (around £170 for 4 dinners and transportation on all days). The food cooked by Kadek was very nice. We enjoyed the Nasi Goreng as well as mixed veg and BBQ chicken and fish, kids liked the pasta and chicken.

Our driver Wayan was also very nice. Always polite, on time and with good suggestions for places to stop for lunch. I felt safe having him drive us as he was very sensible on the road.

One thing I do want to make people aware of is there is a cat on this premises who is very friendly. It's great for cat lovers and even though we are not cat lovers we did end up getting used to her and on the last day she even woke us up in the morning by coming next to the bed and trying to get up on it!! Just pointing this out though for people who may have allergies or phobias.

Although we haven't stayed in any other places in Bali as yet I have to say I really enjoyed myself here. There are of course a few things that can be improved but all in all a good experience for our first trip.

Robert B
Dublin, Ireland
“Best place I've ever stayed”
Reviewed December 8, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

The title says it all and unlikely to be beaten. My fiance and I stayed in Villa Shamballa to celebrate our engagement and it was perfect. Once we entered the villa on our first day, we didn't leave again for the whole stay, we had everything we needed and more available to us. With dedicated staff on hand, we availed of the afternoon tea (price included) and cocktail hour by the infinity pool (spectacular view) every day. We also had all our meals served up to us by the pool. Breakfast (included in price) was a feast, including banana pancakes, nasi goreng, a fruit plate, fruit juice, freshly brewed coffee and more. Dinner equally as impressive, in terms of the food and the location (the pool lit up in the evening). The staff were extremely friendly and were always on hand for anything we needed.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Kristin L
Troy, New York
“I left my heart in Bali (at Villa Shamballa)”
Reviewed November 30, 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

I'm lost for words. Where to begin...

While on the final roadway approaching the villa I'd wondered if my driver was in the right place. The road narrowed and then became a grass lane before reaching the hidden entrance. I wasn't sure what I was walking into and then the beautiful rustic wooden doors opened and it was as if I was walking into heaven, right then and there.

Villa Shamballa is the closest I've come to ultimate private, peaceful, romantic luxury in one of the most beautiful settings in the world. I didn't realize until arriving that I'd have my own pair of caretakers (Kadek and Minnie).

The moment I walked in Kadek gently greeted me with a bright yellow plumeria lei, a cool damp towel, a glass of freshly pressed juice, and a huge smile. There was soft tropical music playing and yellow plumeria flowers absolutely everywhere!

After being shown around this two-story dream come true—which included a dining area, a cozy living room-style lounge (with bright white, comfy cushioned couches, shays, and entertainment unit), and my own lukewarm infinity pool, and large bathroom with an outdoor shower and marble bathtub on the first floor; and a sprawling bedroom with lounge, bathroom and shower and amazing half open air, thatch roofed second floor—I set my things down, took a million photos, and then immediately went into the infinity pool!

For the next 3 nights and 2 days I felt like a well cared for lady of importance. Haha! :) Seriously, I've never been so well taken care of. Minnie and Kadek were quiet and let me be but if I needed anything they appeared in a flash and were more than accommodating.

I would rise with the sun and peaceful sound of the birds singing, and sometimes Honey (the cat) would greet me in the morning as well; I'd have a sunrise swim followed by breakfast at our pre-arranged time, maybe go for another swim and then do some work (I work remotely on my computer). It was THE most peaceful and luxurious experience I've ever had in my life. And even though it may be possible that I'm the only person who has stayed at Villa Shamballa by herself (solo backpack-style traveler here), it did not take away from how incredibly comfortable, relaxed, and 'zen' I felt the entire time.

Being vegan wasn't a problem. Kadek prepared fantastic plant-based meals, each one better than the last. And when I needed to make a run into Ubud city center, they had a scooter shuttle service available within minutes!

It was exactly what I was looking for after a busy (and loud and hectic) few days staying with a Balinese family and more time in the city center. Ubud city center is great but notorious for being very loud (constant vehicle honing horns), and crowded. Also when walking around many people shout at the non-locals for taxi rides, massages, and donations. So having a place to completely escape the madness was absolutely heavenly.

I can't speak highly enough about the attentiveness and kindness expressed by Kadek and Minnie, and Wayan (who took me into the city center that one day). Each person was sweet, soft spoken, and had beautiful, gentle energy about them.

Aside from wishing I could have shared the experience with someone (hello future honeymoon destination!) I wish I could have afforded more of their incredible spa services and offerings.

This is an all-in-one stay; you don't need to leave if you don't want to! And for the most part that's what I did. Swam, ate, worked, swam, napped, read books, watched a movie on the provided TV, swam some more, ate some more. It was the ultimate in luxurious relaxation and each morning since I've left I hope beyond hope that when I open my eyes I will be back at Villa Shamballa.

Whatever you have to do to stay even a few nights, do it. You will not regret it!

Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing