“Take time off & re-charge your batteries.”
Review of Hotel Villa-Ubud

Hotel Villa-Ubud
Ranked #43 of 556 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Sydney, Australia
“Take time off & re-charge your batteries.”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you like to take time off from the rat race, unwind & recharge your batteries, this is the place to go.
We spent 3 x relaxing & restful days at this beautiful resort. The Villas are massive with 3 x double bedrooms on 3 x levels with just natural scenery.
The staff was friendly, helpful & the service was always good.
The natural beauty & scenery is unmatched to anywhere else in Bali.
You must walk down to the river. It so pristinely beautiful, it should be in the worlds heritage listing...untouched, clean, & soul inspiring.
We will go back again & like to recommend this resort un-reservedly.

Room Tip: Take your own alcohol. The Villa #2 we stayed in was great.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
balivillaubud99, Manager at Hotel Villa-Ubud, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your 5 star review..
We are so honored to hear you were blown away in your recent stay at Bali Villa Ubud!

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Bali Villa Ubud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Villa Sembuwuk, a new 3-bedroom villa run by Bali Villa Ubud. We were, in fact, the first guests to stay at the Villa - which meant that 1) Everything was clean and new (and smelt of fresh paint) and 2) Some things weren't working.

The property itself is 4km to the North of Bali Villa, situated in open country next to the rice fields. It is built in a minimalist modern style - aluminum and glass instead of Balinese wooden doors and features and very different from the rest of their villas. The master bedroom had a partial view of the pool and en-suite bathroom, the second bedroom also had pool view and en-suite, but the shower is shared with the third bedroom. There is an additional shower in this bathroom, which is partially open to the sky. The kitchen is decently equipped, with a range of modern appliances. They even had an expresso machine. There is a digital safe in the kitchen, but it is placed awkwardly with the keypad deep inside - and they couldn't open it! The TV is tiny for the size of the living room. The rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable. Although there are rice paddies around, there is no view of them - the walls are high and there is no 2nd level.

It was so new that there were just installing the wifi when we arrived. They had yet to connect the TV properly, and we had to ask for waste bins as there were none. But the biggest problem was a faulty hot water heater - we had cold showers in one bathroom for two nights. It was a teething problem, and took two attempts to get it fixed. And we could not get them to fix it at night - it had to wait until the next morning.

Pros - it is a good location for the country experience, with rice fields just outside and the sound of cocks crowing in the background. It's also good for those looking to really get away from the crowds as there are only a few scattered neighbours.

Cons - The isolation also means that restaurants, groceries and support from Bali Villa Ubud is some distance away. You would need either your own vehicle or get help from Bali Villa to get anything.There are supposed to be 4 scheduled trips to Ubud centre (20 - 30 min drive) - but their driver was kind enough to stop by a supermarket to get groceries, drop us off at a restaurant and then make an unscheduled trip to pick us up after dinner. Extra trips are supposed to cost IDR50,000 but they didn't charge us for it.

As we were the first guests to stay at the villa, and I suppose to make up for the cold showers, they gave us a complimentary breakfast on the last day. Throughout the stay, the staff tried their best to be helpful - it was Nyoman who brought us to the villa and supervised the installation and repair work and also invited us to breakfast - a big thank you to him. Various staff did offer their tours and services but we had already booked our own tours and they were not at all pushy about it. Overall, it was good value for money for a country escape.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
balivillaubud99, Manager at Hotel Villa-Ubud, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Villa Sembuwuk. We are sincerely sorry that your visit did not reflect the high standards that we set for our Villa. Our goal is always to exceed our guest's expectations. We value your comments and we will take whatever steps we can to correct the problem. Thank you very much for your feedback as our property still new, we need a lot of things to prepare well.

Thank you very much for becoming our first guest, we look forward for your stay in nearly future.

Australia
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Some improvements have been made since my last visit, a good sign that the management listen to their guests.

The tiling in the bathroom of Lovina has been replaced with a cream marble mosaic and a new sink. It is better than it was by far.

I particularly like the rooms by the pool with small balconies at the rear of the room.

The menu has also been updated and I ate at the restaurant and had a very enjoyable meal. The service I was as always very prompt and correct and with the traditional Balinese smiles and friendliness.

The grounds are lovely and very well maintained and having management on site to sort any special requests... Like... Scissors please! Or help with parcels is great.

So long as you don't mind being a 15-20 minute drive from central Ubud, there is a regular shuttle, this is an ideal location for a relaxing break. A beautiful pool with pool towels provided, a jungle outlook, and a small spa make this a special secret place in Ubud.

Room Tip: If you want something a bit different at breakfast just ask. I fancied pancakes one morning, and it...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
balivillaubud99, Manager at Hotel Villa-Ubud, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Peta & Chris

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Bali Villa Ubud.

We are so happy that you always choosing us as your place to stay on your holiday trip.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will give us another opportunity to make your stay the best we can.

We look forward to your next visit!

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This place is an absolute gem - amazingly friendly staff, a beautiful pool, an incredible atmosphere, with a wall of jungle on one side, and beautiful rice paddies on the other. We booked the 3-day, which comes with a number of additions, like a complementary tour of Mount Batur volcano, a trip to a temple, dinner, and time at the spa.

The pictures currently on the website (May 2013) do not do it justice - it's a breathtakingly beautiful place. Considering the price and compared to other places we've stayed in Bali, it's absolutely incredible - highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you want by the pool, go for the Jimbaran. If you want a spectacular view, go with the Uluwatu.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
balivillaubud99, Manager at Hotel Villa-Ubud, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review of our hotel! We're delighted to hear that you were able to find a great rate that included mount Batur Volcano tour, dinner, and treatment SPA. Thank you for your kind words about the staff as we're always striving to exceed guest expectations.

We are so happy that you enjoyed very much your stay with us in the jungle of nature.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

If you want an extremely relaxed holiday, this is the Place to be!

If anyone asks me why I love Ubud, I will definitely say because I have stayed in this fantastic villa. When I open the room, I can't help but just "WOW! So nice!" you should definitely stay in their Signature room. It makes you feel you are in a dream - so nice that you can hardly believe that is real.

I forget all the tiredness and get totally refreshed here.

People here are extremely nice. During my booking, Ketut and Ayu always reply my email so promptly. During my stay, they arrange everything nicely for me. I want to hug them every time I see them! Manager also super friendly - good taste also!

I feel like I just cannot stop sharing every good aspect! Just come here! And experience yourself!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank shilu_chen
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community!
We are thrilled to hear you had such an exceptional visit with us at Bali Villa Ubud. We are so glad you enjoyed the Signature room , such as fantastic place to refresh your mind.
Thank you for your kind words about the staff as we're always services our guest as best as we can.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

If you want an extremely relaxed holiday, this is the Place to be!

I forget all the tiredness and get totally refreshed here.

• Stayed May 2013
hotelvillaubud16, Manager at Hotel Villa-Ubud, responded to this review, May 14, 2016
Dear Shilu_Chen,

Warmest greeting from Hotel Villa Ubud.

Thank you for giving us 5 stars review, your review is extremely valuable to us and it will be a pleasure to share your positive feedback with the whole team involved in making your stay so special and memorable.
We are really keen of having another opportunity to assist you here again.

Best Regards,
Hotel Villa Ubud
Majorca, Spain
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I recently spent 6 nights at Villa Ubud room "Uluwatu". The room was very nice and scenic,landscape.
This place is really an oasis of calm and peace.
Breakfast was very tasty, the staff very friendly and we will definitely come back for our next holidays.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maria C
balivillaubud99, Manager at Hotel Villa-Ubud, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Villa Ubud,

Thank you so much for your 5 star view of our hotel! We're delighted to hear that you were able to find out a great room, included our tasty breakfast.

We look forward to for your next stay in nearly future.