“Friendly and Peaceful”

Ranked #39 of 529 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Australia
“Friendly and Peaceful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Some improvements have been made since my last visit, a good sign that the management listen to their guests.

The tiling in the bathroom of Lovina has been replaced with a cream marble mosaic and a new sink. It is better than it was by far.

I particularly like the rooms by the pool with small balconies at the rear of the room.

The menu has also been updated and I ate at the restaurant and had a very enjoyable meal. The service I was as always very prompt and correct and with the traditional Balinese smiles and friendliness.

The grounds are lovely and very well maintained and having management on site to sort any special requests... Like... Scissors please! Or help with parcels is great.

So long as you don't mind being a 15-20 minute drive from central Ubud, there is a regular shuttle, this is an ideal location for a relaxing break. A beautiful pool with pool towels provided, a jungle outlook, and a small spa make this a special secret place in Ubud.

Room Tip: If you want something a bit different at breakfast just ask. I fancied pancakes one morning, and it...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
balivillaubud99, Manager at Hotel Villa-Ubud, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Peta & Chris

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Bali Villa Ubud.

We are so happy that you always choosing us as your place to stay on your holiday trip.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will give us another opportunity to make your stay the best we can.

We look forward to your next visit!

Bali Villa Ubud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

This place is an absolute gem - amazingly friendly staff, a beautiful pool, an incredible atmosphere, with a wall of jungle on one side, and beautiful rice paddies on the other. We booked the 3-day, which comes with a number of additions, like a complementary tour of Mount Batur volcano, a trip to a temple, dinner, and time at the spa.

The pictures currently on the website (May 2013) do not do it justice - it's a breathtakingly beautiful place. Considering the price and compared to other places we've stayed in Bali, it's absolutely incredible - highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you want by the pool, go for the Jimbaran. If you want a spectacular view, go with the Uluwatu.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
balivillaubud99, Manager at Hotel Villa-Ubud, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review of our hotel! We're delighted to hear that you were able to find a great rate that included mount Batur Volcano tour, dinner, and treatment SPA. Thank you for your kind words about the staff as we're always striving to exceed guest expectations.

We are so happy that you enjoyed very much your stay with us in the jungle of nature.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

If you want an extremely relaxed holiday, this is the Place to be!

If anyone asks me why I love Ubud, I will definitely say because I have stayed in this fantastic villa. When I open the room, I can't help but just "WOW! So nice!" you should definitely stay in their Signature room. It makes you feel you are in a dream - so nice that you can hardly believe that is real.

I forget all the tiredness and get totally refreshed here.

People here are extremely nice. During my booking, Ketut and Ayu always reply my email so promptly. During my stay, they arrange everything nicely for me. I want to hug them every time I see them! Manager also super friendly - good taste also!

I feel like I just cannot stop sharing every good aspect! Just come here! And experience yourself!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank shilu_chen
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community!
We are thrilled to hear you had such an exceptional visit with us at Bali Villa Ubud. We are so glad you enjoyed the Signature room , such as fantastic place to refresh your mind.
Thank you for your kind words about the staff as we're always services our guest as best as we can.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

If you want an extremely relaxed holiday, this is the Place to be!

I forget all the tiredness and get totally refreshed here.

• Stayed May 2013
hotelvillaubud16, Manager at Hotel Villa-Ubud, responded to this review, May 14, 2016
Dear Shilu_Chen,

Warmest greeting from Hotel Villa Ubud.

Thank you for giving us 5 stars review, your review is extremely valuable to us and it will be a pleasure to share your positive feedback with the whole team involved in making your stay so special and memorable.
We are really keen of having another opportunity to assist you here again.

Best Regards,
Hotel Villa Ubud
Majorca, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I recently spent 6 nights at Villa Ubud room "Uluwatu". The room was very nice and scenic,landscape.
This place is really an oasis of calm and peace.
Breakfast was very tasty, the staff very friendly and we will definitely come back for our next holidays.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maria C
balivillaubud99, Manager at Hotel Villa-Ubud, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Villa Ubud,

Thank you so much for your 5 star view of our hotel! We're delighted to hear that you were able to find out a great room, included our tasty breakfast.

We look forward to for your next stay in nearly future.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Villa Ubud is a picture postcard perfect little hotel with less than a dozen rooms/cottages. We stayed in the Uluwati suite which is a lovely large wood panelled room with big picture windows on three sides affording lovely views of rice fields and forests. Well appointed and comfortable with an open terrace, the only con being the bathroom on the ground floor down a fairly steep flight of stairs which is partly visible from outside; the walls could have a fretwork screen on top. Delightful ambience, friendly staff and decent food make this a memorable place to stay. A short drive from Ubud and well located for those going to Kintamani and Besakih.

Room Tip: Avoid the room on the road as it will be noisy
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
balivillaubud99, Manager at Hotel Villa-Ubud, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you so much for sharing this review with the TripAdvisor Community!
We are so glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed the hotel's location, great room and friendly staff that MADE your stay memorable.
We do have free shuttle to Ubud center or even close proximity to the Ubud center and also can help with some interesting places in Bali.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Englewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

i'll start with the positive. A small boutique experience. beautiful grounds with an Italian villa feel. surrounded by rice paddies and forest.The pool is lovely. a sanctuary. we has Room #5 which sat up high with a lovely view and made us feel like we were staying in a treehouse. the downside was that you will have no need for an alarm clock as a neighboring rooster begins crowing at 4:00am.Also very disturbing to me was the distressing whining of a dog over the wall. as an animal lover it concerned me as I heard it frequently for long stretches of time.As I lay down for a reflexology treatment the poor thing started in and there was no way I could relax.
That said, the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. the villa offers free shuttle into town before 6:00pm which was very convenient.Breakfast was good. the room was sorely in need of light.

Room Tip: # 5 with caveat in my review.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
balivillaubud99, Manager at Hotel Villa-Ubud, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Bali Villa Ubud.

Thank you very much for your kind words of rooms, surrounding, pool, ground and the breakfast.
We are sincerely sorry that your visit was disturbed by the neighboring roasters. You will understand that it is impossible for to us to control such a matter. Balinese people love to have cocks on their promises. Our goal is to always exceed our guests’ expectations. We regret that your relax time was disturbing.

Anyway, we value adequately your comments and we will take whatever steps we can take to correct those disturbances.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.