Jiwa Damai Organic Garden & Retreat
$280
$254
$224
$194
All reviewsyoga teacher trainingmother earthenriching experiencebalinese mealsmagical placeorganic foodspecial placebeautiful rice fieldshome away from homemargretpermaculturemeditationinternshipcoconutsoulpeacenature
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I just spent 6 weeks at Jiwa Damai doing an internship program I need for my studies in physical geography to the University in Germany.
It was a very strong experience - from developing my project and applying it in the permaculture garden to all the other aspects I learned about:
All in all it was quite an important experience and a learning on many different levels: climate, local culture, tropical environment, permaculture, working with people from Bali, England, America very mixed up. Another benefit that Jiwa Damai offers: yoga in the morning and heart meditation in the evening. It kept me fit during the time of the internship and stabilised/supported my mind by adapting and processing that which had confronted me. All of this learning was in addition to the skills I gained in relation to the hospitality industry.
Margret and Stephanie done great supervision and Made - the kitchen fairy cooked themoste delicious meals with our garden vegetables.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My partner and I had a wonderful time at Jiwa Damai Retreat. We were looked after from the time we arrived in Bali till we were delivered back to the airport. Our accommodation was amazing, the grounds were peaceful with pockets of different gardens and projects in progress. The staff and volunteers were all friendly and ready to help with anything. We enjoyed yoga and meditation a few times, a cooking class (the food was delicious) we have even showed off our recipes to the family! There was a computer so we still had access to email etc if we needed. We went bike riding around the local area, went on long walks by the rice paddies and swimming in the pool (There isn't a fitness center as such) It had a spiritual feeling about it and we both felt very refreshed when we arrived home. What we were most impressed with about Jiwa Damai, it wasn't just a resort but contributes and works with the local community and also supports a foundation for youths in Bali. Liz and Tony

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz R
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was at Jiwa Damai for only 10 short days, but those days left such a profound impact on me. The energy of Jiwa Damai is something rare and beautiful, a true sanctuary. Although I wish I could have stayed for longer, each day at Jiwa Damai was filled with peace and love. The support from the staff, the comfort, the food, the sunshine, the yoga, and the garden; all far exceeded my expectations. I would recommend Jiwa Damai to anyone who is looking for a true retreat. When you are in a place this beautiful, it is impossible not to focus on all the blessings one has. I found it to be in a perfect location, not too far from the fun of Ubud, but far enough away that you really felt like you were tucked in a secret space.

The food was so nourishing and some of the best I had in Indonesia during my stay. There is such care and thought put into every aspect of Jiwa Damai, and it is palpable from guests and volunteers alike. I hope I can someday return to Jiwa Damai, because it is a truly spectacular place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tawney H
Reviewed May 26, 2013

What a wonderful place Jiwa Damai is! The property is beautiful including fascinating food and medicinal plants. I stayed for three nights in a traditional Lumbung. The space was really beautiful with its own bathroom and an upstairs bedroom. All of the staff were very caring and looked after me particularly well. The food was great, prepared with love and organic vegies and fruits from the gardens. The pool was magnificent, big enough to do laps. An unexpected bonus given I was there primarily to experience the organic fruit and vegetable gardens - which I did - and had great chats with the gardeners who were happy to share their knowledge and experience! A mixture of luxury and down to earth realness - including some remnant forest on the property, wonderful for walks. I would highly recommend Jiwa Damai to anyone particularly if you are interested in organic gardening and love a little luxury too!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank doris p
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed in Jiwa Damai for 5 weeks in February/ March 2013, as a volunteer there. At that moment, I was travelling in Indonesia for more than 7 months and I was looking for a quiet and peaceful place for my stay in Bali. Jiwa Damai proved to be just that: a resort that offered me the recovery I needed. Not to mention the fact that I truly enjoyed the activities I was part of as a volunteer.
The resort is beautiful, being very well taken care of. There are various types of rooms from which a guest can choose, including the lovely traditional balinese lumbungs. The gardens are really big and offer the perfect setting for a stroll during any moment of the day. I also enjoyed a lot swimming in the outdoor pool, which was the perfect way to end a hot day.
The staff were very friendly and always helpful with whatever you needed. They helped me understand a lot about traditional customs and celebrations in Bali.
I also appreciated very much the indonesian food prepared by the balinese cook and the fact that the fruits and vegetables were fresh, gathered from the own garden.
The yoga sessions held in the morning and the meditation sessions held in the afternoon made the experience even more enjoyable. They truly helped me relax my mind and my body.
All in all, I left Jiwa Damai promising myself that I have to come back as soon as possible. Because staying there was everything I expected and much more.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends