“See the Real Bali--It won't be around forever”
Review of Bali Off Course

Bali Off Course
Ranked #92 of 448 Tours in Ubud
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My wife and i visited Ubud with our two grown children, 22 and 26 in May/June 2011. We found Wayan and his walking tours on TripAdvisor before we left home. All the accolades and 5 star reviews are right on target! We did an afternoon walking tour of a real Balinese village with rice paddies, temples, houses and people. You just can't appreciate any of these from the window of a van. I could go on and on about the experience but others have done so quite eloquently.
I suspect that if we come back to Bali in 10-20 years this type of cooperative community, with everyone sharing and respectful of one another, will not be around. So now is time to see Bali.

1  Thank SanAntonioTexas

Reviewed June 25, 2011

Great walking tour. Very reasonably priced, the tour Wayan was fantastic. Very friendly, was very proud of his homeland and loved answering all our questions. A car met us with cold water and towels halfway through - and it was a very easy pace of walk which meant you could focus on the surroundings. It was a very small group with personalised attention - not at all like being part of a coach tour. Gave a real insight into how the locals live. Well worth doing.

1  Thank franwellington
Reviewed June 14, 2011

After coming across this tour on TripAdvisor and reading the reviews I thought it would be a great way to see Ubud while in Bali. I contacted Wayan (the owner and tour guide) several times as I had many questions. Biggest concerns were that we were saying in Seminyak and that I had a 14 month. He offered us return transportation (for a fee) and told us that the baby would not be a problem. He even offered to arrange a baby sitter to help us out so that my husband and I could fully enjoy the tour. For any of you with a small child who may think twice due to this being a walking tour DON'T! Opt for the helper and go and enjoy yourself!

Wayan does a great job of showing you the 'real' Ubud. The scenery is amazing and Wayan is with you every step of the way giving you commentary and answering any questions that you may have. Even though the tour is listed as a 3 hour walking tour (we went on the morning tour) the time flies! There are plenty of rest stops along the way if you need them and relaxation time during the visit to the agrowisata and the lunch spot. Both of which are wonderful as well!

I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who likes to get out and not only see everyday life in the locations you are visiting but really get to know the culture as well. This was an amazing tour and Wayan and his team (Eka our helper for my daughter and Nyoman our driver) are very kind and helpful. This isn't a tour that will disappoint!

2  Thank eramie
Reviewed June 8, 2011

This was a fantastic tour we loved it. Wayan was great and it was a very personal service. So nice to be just a few people not a huge bus tour.

1  Thank Fitzwitz