“Perfect way to tour Ubud”
Review of Bali Off Course

Bali Off Course
Ranked #92 of 448 Tours in Ubud
Reviewed June 14, 2011

After coming across this tour on TripAdvisor and reading the reviews I thought it would be a great way to see Ubud while in Bali. I contacted Wayan (the owner and tour guide) several times as I had many questions. Biggest concerns were that we were saying in Seminyak and that I had a 14 month. He offered us return transportation (for a fee) and told us that the baby would not be a problem. He even offered to arrange a baby sitter to help us out so that my husband and I could fully enjoy the tour. For any of you with a small child who may think twice due to this being a walking tour DON'T! Opt for the helper and go and enjoy yourself!

Wayan does a great job of showing you the 'real' Ubud. The scenery is amazing and Wayan is with you every step of the way giving you commentary and answering any questions that you may have. Even though the tour is listed as a 3 hour walking tour (we went on the morning tour) the time flies! There are plenty of rest stops along the way if you need them and relaxation time during the visit to the agrowisata and the lunch spot. Both of which are wonderful as well!

I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who likes to get out and not only see everyday life in the locations you are visiting but really get to know the culture as well. This was an amazing tour and Wayan and his team (Eka our helper for my daughter and Nyoman our driver) are very kind and helpful. This isn't a tour that will disappoint!

2  Thank eramie

Reviewed June 8, 2011

This was a fantastic tour we loved it. Wayan was great and it was a very personal service. So nice to be just a few people not a huge bus tour.

1  Thank Fitzwitz
Reviewed June 5, 2011

My girlfriend and I spend a few days with Wayan and he is outstanding. He took us to some great sites and took us everywhere we wanted to go. He is very knowledgeable and has a great sence of humor as well as speaks great English.

If I ever go back to Bali, I will give Wayan a call. Anyone would be lucky to expierence Bali with Wayan.

Josh & Leah

1  Thank Jlandress
Reviewed May 29, 2011

This is actually my first review on tripadvisor, I don't have the habit of posting reviews but Wayan is so fantastic and sincere in what he does that I must recommend his services to you here.

I sent a reservation email to him for an afternoon tour, requesting for pickup at my homestay. That morning, he emailed to postpone as his neighbour passed away from an accident and he had to help in ceremonial procedures. I was outside early in the morning and didn't have access to internet, and so wasn't aware of the email until I returned to the lodge around noontime. He couldn't reach me by mobile and i gave the wrong contact number of my lodge. He actually made the effort to come to my lodge to explain the change of plans and apologise in person.

I changed to a morning tour on a saturday. There wasn't a group but he accommodated me anyway. We had some 7km walk through paddy fields, plantations, irritation systems, streams and rivers. I didn't have proper walking shoes on, except for a pair of blingbling city sandals, and he took great care of me throughout the whole tour. We visited a coffee plantation and I had a chance to taste 6 different types of tea and coffee. They are complimentary except for Luwak coffee, which cost 50K rupiah for one cup. There is a retail section (with relatively high markup) for natural coffee powder, tea leaves, aromatherapy incense sticks, essential oils, bar soaps etc. The tour wrapped up with a great lunch, included in his package. Having spent most of my cash buying stuffs at the coffee plantation, he was gracious enough to drop me at my lodge to retrieve my atm card and then drop me at the atm machine to retrieve cash.

Wayan speaks excellent English (compared to other Balinese I have encountered) and exhibits deep knowledge in all things Balinese - culture, society, lifestyle, history and religion. He has travelled extensively to Europe and the Mediterranean region, and makes intelligent conversations with you along the way, so there is no boring moment with this terrific guide.

Wayan is the epitome of first class Balinese hospitality and warmth. I am extremely grateful to him for making my first Bali trip so memorable.

3  Thank Shannan_Koh