Bali Off Course
Review Highlights
Rice field/ jungle/ swing tour

It was an amazing trip through the rice terraces of Bali and through the jungle of ubud with an... read more

Reviewed August 6, 2018
Julia B
via mobile
Excellent day exploring

Wayan took us on a memorable trip to various rice paddys providing us with information along the... read more

Reviewed April 19, 2017
christopherandha2016
Hamilton, Australia

All reviews walking tour rice paddies coffee plantation nasi goreng friendly guide wayan jungle bali ricefields
Reviewed May 26, 2011

The tour gave us a chance to enter a real family compound, which would otherwise be closed to tourists and was a really nice change from the shopping and spas in Ubud. Wayan was able to point out lots of different plants and take us to little nooks for a look at a waterfall and rock carved temple.
The bananas and chilled water that the support car provides at two different points of the walk really helped as the day was really hot.
Highly recommended.

Date of experience: May 2011
1  Thank templehopeer
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I did a jungle tour with Wayan today and even though I was the only one who registered for the afternoon tour, he was authentically happy to take me. Even better he customized the tour to my specific desires. I wanted jungle and I did get jungle :) it was so much fun and we had a lovely conversation about Balinese culture.

We ended up on a beautiful back country road, where we passed farmers and temples.

Amazing! Thanks, Wayan :)

Reviewed May 15, 2011

I am happy to give the highest recommendation for Bali, Off Course Walking Tours. Tour owner and operator is Wayan Sumerta who is an expert in the Ubud region. His walking tour takes you off the noisy streets and immerses you into peaceful nature. I will not spoil the walk, but I can say that there was a pleasant surprise around every corner.

What I liked:
1. Wayan is super cool and neat to talk with.
2. He knows **everyone** in Ubud and beyond! Seriously, wherever we went, his friends and acquaintances beeped their horns or waved.
3. His transportation is comfortable with good A/C.
4. His prices are reasonable considering what you get out of it.
5. He is very knowledgeable in Ubud culture and can explain just about any question you throw at him.
6. Wayan has a great attitude and because he is the owner, you do NOT get a desperate, sad story from him like you may from tour guide employees.
7. He went out of his way to make my solo trip to Ubud memorable.

What I did not like:
1. That I had to say goodbye at the end of my trip.

I hired Wayan for the following two days to drive me to various attractions in the region. Again, it was more culture and knowledge that I expected.
I hope you have the opportunity to get out and walk, sweat, hike and relax with Bali, Off Course!

Date of experience: May 2011
1  Thank cirrusnine
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I am very happy to recommend "Bali Off Course Guided Walking Tours". My sister and I spent a most enjoyable half day tour with our friendly and informative guide, Wayan. Wayan picked us up from our hotel and the tour started with a blessing in a Brahmin Preist's family compound that was both charming and interesting. It was great to learn about the family's daily life and how the villagers conduct the lives. The walk took us through the really beautiful scenery of padi fields being planted and harvested so we could see the whole cycle of the padi farmers life. Wayan explained the life revolving around the rice fields, other plants, trees and wildlife. We also had the opportunity to visit a waterfall and experience the feel of the jungle, a very old temple and walk through villages. In all, our walk with Bali Off Course was a highlight of our visit to Ubud.

Date of experience: April 2011
Reviewed May 3, 2011

We recently visited Ubud and were lucky enough to go on a tour with the owner of this company, Wayan. Wayan was a brilliant guide. He is very knowledgeable and he gave us a fascinating insight into both the local area and Balinese culture in general. There was a cremation ceremony on the day of our tour and Wayan re-scheduled the time of our walking tour so that he could take us to the ceremony as well. I cannot recommend the tour highly enough - it is a must do if you are in Ubud!

Date of experience: February 2011