Bali Off Course
Review Highlights
Rice field/ jungle/ swing tour

It was an amazing trip through the rice terraces of Bali and through the jungle of ubud with an... read more

Reviewed August 6, 2018
Julia B
via mobile
Excellent day exploring

Wayan took us on a memorable trip to various rice paddys providing us with information along the... read more

Reviewed April 19, 2017
christopherandha2016
Hamilton, Australia

All reviews walking tour rice paddies coffee plantation nasi goreng friendly guide wayan jungle bali ricefields
Reviewed April 9, 2011

This is a great tour because of Wayan, who owns and operates this little business. Wayan has spent many years in the tourist industry (on cruise ships), and is a good communicator. His English is excellent, and he is very knowledgeable about his culture, country, and religion.

This tour was one of the highlights of my trip. Previously booked guests had canceled at the last moment, so it was just me and Wayan. He answered many of my questions about Balinese Hinduism and family life.

It was a great morning walking through the rice fields, inhaling the scent of the clove leaf and jasmine flower that Wayan had picked for me. It felt far away from Ubud, and yet was only a 15-minute drive.

The tour was great value, and good exercise at 7km. By the time lunch was over, I felt a greater understanding of this island and it's people, I'd had a good walk, and my day was only beginning!

Date of experience: March 2011
Reviewed April 4, 2011

This is a really great walk through the rice paddies and then to a village to have a blessing. I have done the bike ride which I also enjoyed but we went places that you cant ride a bike like the waterfall. Wayan the guide is very informative and happy to answer any questions you have about his culture. It is an easy 7 km walk and the driver meets you in a few places for refreshments and I guess you could go in the bus if you needed to.I would highly recommend this walk as a must do when in Bali.

Date of experience: March 2011
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Wayang brought us see through the eyes of a Balinese.
Start of the day, we were blessed by the village brama. Irregardless of belief,  i do felt blessed after the ceremony, like a solemn elder who had wished us for a safety  journey.
We had never seen as many vibrant children till we passed by village school where children doing out-door activities, waving at us echoing 'Hello...Hello', seeing them chasing after ice-cream peddler; seems liking of Ice-cream has no border.
We walk through paddy field, off beaten path, fresh woody air filing up our lung.
We crossed narrow plank bridge with river running fast beneath.
all sweat and tracking is worth paid off when we were lead a forest which opens up to a ray of rainbow reflected by terrnous waterfall,  not just 1 but 2 waterfall separate by a narrow path barely wide enough for 2  to pass.
It’s a spectacular sight, i'm glad we chose Wayang.

Reviewed February 24, 2011

If you are looking for an indepth unique experience to meet, taste, see the Real Bali sign up for this walking tour. It will take you through hidden villages (the compounds of bali Families) , pass by beautifull waterfalls, through sawa's, and of the beaten track temples. With the more then helpfull, fluent English speaking guide it will give you a real insight of the true beautifull Bali.

Date of experience: January 2011
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Wayan's Off-Course Bali walking tour is an excellent way to see the real Bali! I arrived early and was given breakfast before we started to walk. Firstly to a family compound, met the Brahma, and learnt about village life and rules; then through rice fields, via waterfalls etc coupled with an excellent explanation about water allocation. other places visited included a blacksmith's shop, and wood carver; with no suggestion that I might buy anything.
Morning tea and lunch provided.
Wayan is an informative and engaging tour leader, and deserves to be successful.Great value for money!This was the highlight of my ten days in Bali, and I look forward to undertaking one of his other four walking tours.

Date of experience: February 2011