“an excellent place to stay and eat”
Review of Cinta Inn

Cinta Inn
Ranked #98 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Shanghai
“an excellent place to stay and eat”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I spent a week in Ubud and we stayed at Cinta. The whole place was very nice and comfortable. Our room looked exactly like the picture. the pool was lovely.

Breakfasts were included and they were delicious. There were plenty of choices. We also had lunches and dinners there, which were amazing as well. their menu is quite versatile with a nice mix of Western, Asian and Local Indonesia dishes. got to try their home-made Ginger Fizz (a lemonade-like drink made of real ginger and lemongrass, aboslutely detoxing). My husband loves their strong coffee too. They also sell Sumatra Cigars at the Bar.

Cinta is located right in the middle of the Monkey Forrest Street, the heart of Ubud. It's quite convenient to walk to almost any destination. Taxi drivers are everywhere.

Friendly and attentive service.

Room Tip: Room #7 is upstairs with private staircase and balcony.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RW O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed February 8, 2013

So, we decided to try the inn this time around after so many visits to the Cinta grill restaurant. And its everything i expected to be. Love love the location and of course the food! There are only 7 rooms in this Inn but I think its a perfect size bed and breakfast. there is 1 medium size pool in the middle if the inn. I love the interior design of the rooms, how they use the small space and yet making it feel roomy. the amenities are also quite perfect for this size of an Inn. flat screen TV, safe deposit box, ipod dock, and bath and shower in one bathroom. The beds are comfy. the only thing that was lacking was just a telephone. So if you need to get someone to help you, or order food you actually have to go and get the staff yourself. Thats the only thing that i thought was odd. other than that awesome place! I would def return. Truly cinta (love) the Cinta inn ❤❤❤❤❤

• Stayed February 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Cinta's Grill was next to the resort where we stayed in Ubud, every time we pass by there's always a good 5-6 tables occupied. During dinner time they're almost full to capacity. We wondered, what makes this place more popular compared to others? One-- they make the BEST pork baby back ribs. Two -- the staff are uber friendly, courteous, helpful, and chatty. We especially commend Novi who always went out of her way to hang around our table and talked to us with GENUINE interest. Kudos to you guys, you're our favorite by far!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank twinklybubble
Australia
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed 2 nights and loved the location. The grill and restaurant in the front served delicious meals by the friendly staff, including Ary, and Johnny on the bar. Ocker was great also giving us a gift voucher to give a friend for her travel, and then making her special for her birthday.room was very clean, and we enjoyed the lap pool right outside our room. The hotel is in a great spot with 24 hour shop next door and amongst all the lovely shops and boutiques.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank RosyAustralia
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights for our honeymoon.
Awesome little place, room was clean and spacious. Food was AMAZING!!! They offered both great quality western breakfasts and meals and also traditional Bali food. Staff were fantastic, always happy to help with anything. Great location, short walk from monkey forest and shops all along the street. We have been spoilt staying at Cinta Inn, our other accommodations are not close to their standard.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank RickyDanger
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was really really surprised by how great this hotel is. They didn't require any deposit up front, which makes me a bit worried because it's quite unusual. But I also feel very valued at the same time because I feel trusted as a customer.

Upon arrival I wasn't expecting how cute and pretty this hotel is. But yea, everything is great and I love the little pool and the beautiful bathroom in the hotel room as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Steven A
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here with my partner for two nights. I was expecting an amazing boutique hotel experience based on the reviews, but we were unexpectedly disappointed:

The good:
- the restaurant and hotel are spotless and in a great location right on Monkey Forest Road
- breakfast was amazing and was included in the hotel price
- bathroom is massive and beds were really really comfortable
- the staff in the hotel provided mostly excellent service
- they allowed us to stay by the pool, and use the toilet/shower since our check out time was noon and our flight wasn't until later that night
- free wifi in the restaurant and hotel

The not so great:
- check in was confusing as there isn't a dedicated desk for the hotel portion (the hotel is behind the restaurant so you have to walk through the restaurant tables to get to the hotel)
- we felt very rushed at check in as the woman at the restaurant just asked me my name and told me which room was ours...we didn't feel welcome at all
- someone came by our room later on to tell us about the breakfast times and that breakfast was included - a welcome book including info about the wifi, breakfast and the surrounding sights left in the room would have been useful
- the pool was really pretty and clean, but we could have really use some lay-flat chairs to dry off and enjoy the great sunshine
- some standard amenities in our room would have been appreciated, such as a hair dryer (I had to ask for one)
- check out was also confusing, the woman at the restaurant desk tried to charge us more than we were to pay. I had to show her an email from the reservations manager for her to change the rate (she did apologize for this, but this led me to believe the hotel is not that organized)

Overall, there feels to be more of a focus on the restaurant than the hotel. Don't get me wrong, the hotel was nice but I would not stay at this hotel given the $125USD++ price tag/night as I would have expected much better service.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed okay
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 11daisy11
BaliGoodFood, Owner at Cinta Inn, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thanks for staying with us. We are so sorry to hear you didn't love the experience. We are a small inn and don't have dedicated reception staff, but we do try and provide the best service for our guests. We will take a look at the points you raised and try and do better.