“Feels like home”
Review of Cinta Inn

Cinta Inn
Ranked #104 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We're just finishing up a stay of nearly a month in Ubud and nothing could have made it more comfortable and fulfilling than staying at the Cinta Inn. The rooms are spotlessly clean, cool and quiet; the pool is just cool enough to be refreshing on a hot afternoon; the breakfasts are wonderful (as are the lunches and dinners); sitting at a front table and watching the world go by on lively Monkey Forest Road is a daily treat; and, most of all, the Cinta staff makes you feel like you're part of the family. From a brilliant, welcoming smile from Ary every morning to a hearty "good night" from Oka, and all the waiters, waitresses and bartenders, every night, you feel the genuine warmth and friendship of the Balinese people every waking moment at Cinta. We have had a truly wonderful month here -- and can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I decided to book with Cinta Inn after reading the many good reviews about the place and I must say the best thing about this place is the location. The reservation process was pretty easy, booked with the Inn directly and they didn't even require any deposits, which was nice. However, the response from them was a little patchy, so just make sure you follow up and get a response.

The rooms were spacious, clean and modern. The bed and pillows were comfortable and linen clean. There are only 6 rooms at Cinta Inn so you don't get the usual hotel crowd and noise. They do have a small lap pool but I didn't manage to dip in it at all as the weather in Ubud during my 2 day stay was unexpectedly cool! The service staff were friendly and they had a nice breakfast menu.

All in all, no big complaints but I feel there are a few areas they could improve in order for the rating to go up a notch. I have stayed in boutique hotels before and I get the sense that Cinta Inn is trying to be one. But I feel that for the price they are charging, they ought to have provided more amenities in the room. For instance, simple things like disposal toothbrush, ear buds, face towels and hair dryer (you will have to request for it) should be standard items for a boutique hotel. Other small details like having a phone in the room, tv program guide and a hotel directory would be useful. The venetian blinds in the room and bathroom also seemed worn and were falling apart at the corners.

Sometimes, it's the little things that truly sets a boutique hotel apart from the rest. As I said, no big complaints, but if not for the location of the hotel, I would actually have given them an average rating instead of very good. This will be a good option to stay during peak season as they charge a single rate regardless of season, but there may be other interesting options during the off peak season when prices of other establishments become more competitive.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
BaliGoodFood, Owner at Cinta Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to leave such detailed feedback. We are always looking at how we can better serve our guests and your feedback is very useful.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Cinta inn is fabulous- my room was excellent (nice firm- not hard bed and 100% duck feather pillows, high thread count linen), cold aircon- massive bath and a shower head as big as a dinner plate! But it was the staff that made this excellent too- I was traveling alone and one of the girls lent me her sari and bought me a long sleeved top- and took me to temple for the Kunginga festival :-) she also recommended the Eco cycling tour- awesome fun! And they helped me organize everything- even booking in for the famous smoked duck at another restaurant. Truly helpful. And the breakfast- incredible! Raspberry and ricotta pancakes with butter studded in honeycomb- delicious. Would recommend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: I had room7 with a huge bath- I don't think all the rooms have this big a bath
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Meg B
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights on a business/pleasure trip, love the location although parking was a bit of a challenge but the hotel security / valet was always there to help, friendly and helpful staff, artistically pleasant, brand new and very clean property and most probably have the best mattress and linen, breakfast was wonderful it was a la carte, fresh, good size portion and serve in a timely manner. The only thing was that we can hear the band from across the street, it was not very loud and because we were tired we slept right through it. The time we were there, we only saw some of the other guests during breakfast, none of them have young children so it explains why within the inn itself was nice and quiet, all of the noise came from the outside parameter. Regardless, we would rate our stay as satisfactory and we would return in the future

Room Tip: we stayed in room 6 at the very far end of the property
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Monfore
Reviewed August 21, 2012

If you dont mind paying a bit more, for comfort, cleanliness and great hospitality then this is your place. The cinta inn is a lovely boutique hotel in the middle of monkey forest road. I have had the pleasure of staying here for the past five days. My every need was met, and what I loved about this place was that all the members of staff addresseds you by your name, which makes it very personal and special. The restaurant serves the best cuisine. I had tried a few in along the street just to check, but I must say it was the best. The breakfast is to die for, ginger pancakes with mango fool was excellent. A special thanks to Ardani, a lovely hostess, and ary on reception. A special thanks to oka the manager, who greeted me with a smile and continued to do so. Always very helpful, cheerful and great banter. Also, a special mention to housekeeping, who kept the room immaculate. They even folded my clothes, which wasn't, needed but I am very grateful. Service with a smile goes a long way.

I do, think they should have coffee and tea making facilities in the room. But that isn't, a major problem

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Komal S
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I had the good fortune to stay in Ubud for 12 glorious days, and I couldn't have chosen a better hotel. Strictly speaking, though, it's an inn, parked behind tha fabulous Cinta Grill (if you're going to be a repeat customer for dinner anywhere, make it there!). There are 7 rooms in total- 5 upstairs, and 2 downstairs, facing the pool. I stayed in Room #1, which is the one they show on their web site. It's right in the middle of Monkey Forest rd, so the location couldn't be any more central. But once you walk through the restaurant to the inn, the quiet makes you feel a million miles away.

I'll start by saying that in the 10 or so years that I've been traveling, I have NEVER slept in a bed so comfy!!! AND the pillows! The bathroom of room 1 is very large, with large bath tub, huge rainfall shower, and 2 sinks. Great water pressure and plenty of very hot water, which I understand is not available at some accommodations in Ubud. There is lots of storage space, and more than enough room in the huge sliding closet to put away your suitcase and backpack. The staff keep the inn ridiculously clean, and were very efficient in accommodating me with an adapter and a blow dryer. The breakfasts at Cinta were huge and extremely tasty, (I'll miss their home fries!) and their freshly ground coffee was second to none.

But where Cinta really shines is when it comes to their staff. Because it's not a hotel in the conventional sense, with people working a front desk, you are helped instead by the staff who work in the restaurant. But "helped" is an understatement. The employees at Cinta go above and beyond the call of duty to make you feel at home, and to help you with anything from recommendations, directions, general info and even booking anything from spa days, tours or arranging for drivers. I want to praise, in particular, Ary and Beni, my two "go to" people. They couldn't do enough for me, and they seemed genuinely pleased to help. Even on my first day in Ubud, I got bitten (and bleeding) by a monkey, and Beni insisted on driving me on his motor bike to the hospital for every round of rabies injections I had to have. Ary even offered to let me use her phone to call my mom in the states after I got bitten. A special thank you also to Oka and Bedu, who never stopped making me laugh, and for treating me like royalty. Everyone on staff knew my name, and they all treated me like family. Hugs all the way around when I left.

As sad as I was to leave Ubud, I was sadder still to leave my Cinta family. Thank you all so much, and there's no question as to where I'll stay when I go back to Ubud. This place has something most hotels don't have -- and that's heart.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the two rooms by the pool. It was lovely looking out at from the room, especially at...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank itstania
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed here with 2 other couples and all found it a great spot. The rooms are lovely, beds very comfy, nice linen all very clean. The location is perfect right in the heart of things with a mini mart right next door so we could at least get nice cold Bintangs from there as there are no fridges in the rooms but this didn't matter to us. The breakfasts at the Cinta Grill were fantastic as were the staff. They were all so friendly and helpful.

We would certainly return!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
BaliGoodFood, Owner at Cinta Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thanks for staying with us and writing this review! Hope to see you again soon.