“Lovely Family Inn, Great Value”
Review of Swan Inn

Swan Inn
Ranked #277 of 640 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 10, 2014

This is a lovely, family run inn right in the hear of Ubud. There are many restaurants within a few minutes walk but still on a quiet street away from the noise. We booked 2 rooms to accommodate our family of 5. When we arrived one of the rooms was not available so we were upgraded to a beautiful superior room. All the staff are kind, helpful and always greeting guests with a smile. As to the other comments about the children, we enjoyed seeing them as part of this family business and they were never loud or intrusive. Very good value and no hesitation in recommending.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I spent here almost one week and I dont regret any rupiah. For reasonable price, you will get nice room, with great bathroom. The best in this place is the beautiful garden with small lake in the middle. I spend many hours sit in the terrasse and watch this green oasis. You can also rent motorcycle. Breakfast was also fine. Owner is nice man, who will help you with everything you need.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Swann Inn is a lovely quiet place, hidden from the touristic chaos, but still really close to Ubud center. Very friendly staff, happy to help you with everything - provide scooters, can book you a bus to Kuta etc.
We booked a standard room but as it wasn't empty the time we arrived, manager gave us a bungalow, with kitchen and bigger bathroom (with bath tub). And we could stay there instead of the standard room for the whole stay, for the same price. Very nice, thank you.
When coming back to Ubud, Swann Inn is where I stay! :) Love their breakfast!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Is traditional bali homestay, not the easiest to find esp you reach at 1am in the morning, but the owner sweet enough to wait for my arrival, giving me directions.

I was given room number 1 right near the entrance, I totally freaked out, just don’t feel comfortable so I immediately changed my room to Room 2. Owner did not even give me any frown despite he was half asleep when I requested a change of room. Like I say, is a traditional baliese home so it doesn’t have a door knob, basically use a big block of wood to hold the door together. Refer to my pixcture. But I think is okie, though I can still peep from the gap cos the door cant really fully closed. Room is huge and very spacious. Clean too. Like I say, typical Balinese house so do know what to expect. Hot shower didn’t really work well but I think is okie. They got nice rooms like facing the paddy fields, much bigger. All rooms had a patio to dry your stuffs or just chill. But I didn’t cos I don’t really like to feed the mozzies. Breakfast was really simple but like I say, in bali, be like a Balinese.

Once walk out of the street are shops all selling the same stuffs. I actually walked the entire ubud so basically everywhere is walkable so location doesn’t really matters to me. The easier way to get to the hotel? Look for big open space field (only one big one in ubud), it’s just opposite.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank yvonnesher
Reviewed February 11, 2014

the hotel is managed by a family, so they will treat you as their part of their family as well. Don't expect luxury if you choose this hotel (you'll get what you pay). But still, we were realy satisfied with the service they gave. The first time we just arrived, they offered us couple cups of tea.

The landscape surround is so awesome, especialy the lotus pool. The location is fine, near from the main street, you just have to walk further to reach the hotel (because it's located inside a small path). But still, close to everything.

You will have balcony in front of the room, so you can maintain your own wet clothes. They gave free breakfast ( which is good). They won't ask for the credit card and ask you to pay for every single cup of tea you have (they made some cups for our friends who visited us as well). They're realy simple and easy, they asked us the bill at the last day we checked out. Soooo nice, I wouldn't mind come back again.

Room Tip: Try the double-bed room if you're couple, it looks cleaner and newer than the twin single-bed ro...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had booked for 3 nights initially in a standard room but when we arrived the standard rooms were full and they kindly put us in a deluxe bungalow, which was supposed to be 200,000 more for the same price. We ended up staying for 6 nights as the location was great; everything is close by but you are far enough from the road for it to be quiet. The gardens and the rice fields are beautiful, and it was lovely sitting on the balcony having breakfast, which was very nice. However, in the 6 days we stayed there our room was cleaned once. We continually had to ask for new toilet roll and the towels looked like they had seen much better days. The bed was quite hard but the sheets were very soft so I didn't mind too much. The staff were friendly but no-one really seemed to have a clue what was going on and everytime you needed something there never seemed to be anyone around. I wonder if the service would have been the same even if we were paying 350,00 a night. The moped rental is cheap however and there are loads of places to get decent tours from nearby.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here back in August. Thankfully we only paid for one night via Agoda. For the price we were expecting something quite nice but the rooms were nothing special at all. Old, tired bedding, worn bed, and dirty bathroom. The staff were ok but we were woken by a family in the room next to us at around 11pm as they were having a very loud conversation and since the rooms were not sealed it was almost as if they were in our room. All of this in itself can be expected in Bali but at the price we paid definitely not. We walked further down the road the next day and got something similar but newer for half the price.

• Stayed: August 2013