“Relaxing Break”

FuramaXclusive Villas & Spa
Ranked #117 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We spent 3 lovely nights in a lovely poolside villa, prior to heading down to Seminyak.

We wanted to really get into relaxation mode and found it really easy to chill in Ubud at Furama.

The day spa is fantastic, thoroughly recommend the Hot Stone Massage... I had 2!

Villas were nice, though very tired and in need of some repair, specifically the floorboards were dodgy in a few places and the first day there was a big group travelling together who were very noisy in the pool.

Located about 20 minutes out of Ubud, you had to take the shuttle or a taxi into town, we only went in town twice to eat, the other meals we enjoyed at the resort.

A most enjoyable start to our break (the 20th visit to Bali), staff were very friendly & helpful.

Would stay again, next time in the villas with a private pool, as opposed to the swim out.

We had picked up a deal on travelzoo so was exceptionally good value this trip.

Room Tip: Request a private villa with a pool located at the rear of the property, the pool side villas are lo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnnfromsunnycoastQLD

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed hear for 1 week and enjoyed every minute of our stay. So tranquil and peaceful. Stayed in the lagoon villa, this was a huge villa with a small private pool leading on to a huge lagoon. The villas were beautiful and very private.
The hotel is situated outside Ubud and is at least 20 mins by taxi. There is a shuttle bus provided that we used frequently and always ran on time.
The staff were excellent and couldn't do enough to make our holiday enjoyable. Ayu the guest manager was very helpful and organised us some trips. We also did some trekking and cycling with Oka from the hotel, Oka took us through some of the local villages and introduced us to the locals, he spoke very good English and gave us a good insight into the villagers way of life. We would highly recommend the local trips with Oka. Would highly recommend this hotel and we plan to go back here later in the year.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I spent 3 nights at furamaxclusive villas and it was such a wonderful stay. Right from the start the team were lovely and the rooms were clean, comfortable and perfect for a bit of r and r!!!! I was traveling alone however always felt as though I was never eating alone as the team were so friendly. One thing that stood out was that I wanted to find somewhere to have beef rendang as is my favorite indo meal.... Unfortunately it's not a Balinese dish.... However the team at the restaurant kindly and specially cooked one up for me and it was delicious!!! A great hotel and the location while not central was not a problem as the short drive into town was always great for people watching. Thanks to the team at furamaxclusive :)

Room Tip: Defintely get one of the villas on the pool. And get a massage, it was lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We chose this hotel explicitly for it's location. we signed our daughter up for the camp and since it was our first time we wanted to be as near to her as possible.

We had reasonably good service throughout the five days we were here. I get a sense that this is more a small-town kind of service especially after I realised the staff live in local residential area around the hotel. You can tell they r happy and give you a homely vibe. They don't do much offering to help get your bags or hold the umbrella for you but that's fine cos I don't have that expectation.

We almost had a bad experience from the way they charged us for the rooms but it got all sorted out and I must say, they were not tardy in completing their end of the bargain.

I think official photos of the property can be discounted as the property is more than three yrs old. Despite that, the staff have a good measure of pride in their employer and that shows up when they tell you abt the place, the history etc.

One surprise though, was the massage and the rooms for massage. They r big and spacious and clean. The only drawback is the occasional sound from the little lane that leads to the villas. Otherwise I must say, they have a gem there.

We had a really good driver who lived down the road from the property. He is the highlight of the hotel. His name is Arlan (mobile 081 33 775 1111). He gives world class service and is a fully registered and licensed tour guide too (although we didn't use that aspect of his suite of services).

He made sure we arrived at our destination safely even tho it was a 10min trek through a padi field. He was helpful with taking care of our kids and even searched for one side of a missing Croc by the side of the road. He walked thru the alley with me to a spa just to make sure I was alright. We hadn't realise he wasn't eating during our mealtimes cos he didn't want to drive around and risk us waiting for him. Lastly, he got us our US$30 back from a dishonest moneychanger!

If you are in Bali, give him a tinker!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We found this hotel on the internet and the photos looked like everything was brand new-not so, it is really rather shabby, especially the pool area and the tiles of the so-called plunge pool which is so shallow to be rendered almost useless.

The room, bathroom and living areas were of enormous proportions and well furnished and the air con worked efficiently and fairly quietly.

The staff were friendly and efficient and happy to transport you back to the room.

The big minus for us was this is absolutely not in Ubud. It is a good half hour drive away and when the boat company we used back from Lembongan said transfers to Ubud included they were horrified that a place in Banjar Bindu had even had the name Ubud attached to it. This is a real take to get you to stay there as part of your Ubud visit. It makes it really quite tiresome to have to travel all that way each day if Ubud was your reason for being there.

Of course its a quiet peaceful place if you just want to hang out but do be warned, it is in a different jurisdiction to Ubud (same as Denpasar according to our driver) and a bit cheeky to associate it with Ubud.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gregmartaisaaccathy
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I would say this is a beautiful villa to stay in, but what i didn't like was the pool and the Jacuzzi for Spa Pool Villa. I already emphasized that the entire area including pools need to be as clean as possible as i have sensitive skin. When i went down into the water, it have fallen leaves and flowers in it and worse, I seen several spider webs around the pool ladders web and i had to be careful not to step on them. I think the entire area around the pool wasn't clean up(god know for how many centuries). The Jacuzzi wasn't located in the villa itself but rather, it's beside the swimming pool. Again it looks really dirty as if it's not being washed for several weeks. So in the end, my bf and I just went into the pool to have a dip and I ended up having a break out on my face which I wasn't really happy about.

But I need to really commend on the the villa itself, everything was awesome, the bathroom, living room and the bedroom.. I like how the villa was being designed, very classy, not forgetting the Balinese theme they had.

Services wise is rather mediocre and I hate to dine in the restaurants. We were just standing around the restaurant without any usher nor did the staff offered to bring us to a table. They just kept looking at us and expect us to find a table to sit on our own. The food take very long to come(about 30-40 mins) although there is not much guests(maybe 10?). So if you're going to the villa, i would advice you to order room service instead because there's no difference in prices and the services provided by room service seems much more better. Nothing to rave about the food that they served but breakfast was really sumptuous. I would advice you to get them to deliver your breakfast as early as 6am - 7am because that's the time when the food is hot, NOT COLD. I ordered breakfast at around 8.30am and the HAM plus BACON feels like a rock while I'm chewing.

One complain about Housekeeping, when they changed our bed-sheet on the 2nd day, they covered some stains on the sheet and design it in such a way that we thought it's special but it's really crappy, they did that so as not to let us see the stains. ABSOLUTELY LAZY. I must say i am very disappointed with this but as we only discovered the stains when we are heading off to bed to catch an early flight the next day, we decided not to pursue this. How bad can it get?

So overall, I must say the satisfaction is mediocre, I would still recommend friends to go to this villa but must take note of above few points listed, otherwise, it's a great choice to stay in.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you are looking for a 4.5* hotel - unfortunately this is not it. We couldn't fault the room, it was large and exactly as shown on their website, however what you don't see is the how tired they are. The bedding was thin, as were the towels and robes. We love a cup of tea, however after the first day, these were never replenished. Our kettle didn't work on arrival so we were given a second one which also didn't work - thank goodness for travel kettles! The furniture was chipped, the bath stained and there was no privacy in the bathroom. For the other people out there like me who treasure their privacy this is not the place to stay. There are floor to ceiling windows in the bathroom (and toilet) that overlook a private plunge pool, however there is also a door that leads to the main swimming pool that was constantly open which meant either an employee or another guest could wander in and you had no place to hide. If you open your curtains in the bedroom you can see straight into the toilet and shower!
Our air conditioning broke down (which they promptly fixed) however it was after suffering a terrible nights sleep. They also turn your air off when you are out, so you come back to a really hot room.
Breakfast was very limited and not great quality except for the bread and egg station, there was little else to choose with the exception of an asian breakfast. We arrived at 10.30am one morning (it finishes at 11am) and nothing was replenished, warm milk (choice of two cereals) and virtually no fruit.
The hotel is 25 minutes out of Ubud, however there are only 5 shuttles a day (which you have to book) so unless you are happy to wait around until the next bus comes, you have to get a taxi to take you back and forth. More shuttles are definitely needed.
We left the hotel a day prior to our departure date so we could treat ourselves to a little luxury before going home.
If you are after a bargain and are happy with a 3.5* experience, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel. The staff are pleasant (except in the breakfast area where they don't seem to care after they have brought your coffee) and acknowledge you wherever you go, the rooms are clean and the resort (whilst having a limited offer) is well maintained.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple