Review Highlights
Babes in Bali cooking class

Reviewed 3 days ago
Janice L
A fantastic and unforgettable experience!

Reviewed 4 days ago

from $34.00
from $59.25
from $30.00
3,256 results
All reviews puspa's home rice aunty puspa yellow sauce market tour ubud market cooking school wonderful hosts cooking experience dietary requirements fruit cooking course welcome drink recipe book food market gado gado learn how
Reviewed 2 days ago

We enjoyed this experience for a fun day in Bali. The class itself is fun and interactive, but isn't an in depth cooking class exactly - you rotate around chopping/slicing/cooking stations in pairs while staff deliver more ingredients to you, and the staff actually do a lot of the actual cooking and arranging food. However, it's still a fun experience, we had a group of 8 which is a great size for this kind of activity. The food itself is delicious - 8 different courses, packed with flavour and an incredible meal. I'd recommend this activity as a fun and interactive food based experience, but maybe not for those looking to really learn the skills of Indonesian cooking in depth.

Reviewed 3 days ago

From the Welcome to Wayan & Puspa's home to the cooking experience to the eating of the delicious meal we ate, it was a wonderful interactive cooking experience I will remember for years to come. Thank you so much for teaching even a beginner cook, how fun it can be in the kitchen to make such palatable food from scratch!! Favourite dish was the Gada Gada salad!! Yummy!!!

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

We came for the 3pm class (without the market tour) and was blown away. It is incredible value for money, includes pick up and drop off from hotel, drinks, ingredients and a stunning view throughout the class. They even catered for me and my partner as vegetarians, we shared a separate work station and utensils with another veggie couple... I'm pretty certain everything we made was vegan too.

All the staff were super helpful and spoke the best English we've heard since being in Bali - all the instructions were clear and simple to follow. We loved to wholesome feeling to it all, every one working together to make 8 delicious courses which we then all sat and ate together.

I'd recommend this class to everyone, the best activity we've done in Bali so far!

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

We were on the afternoon class today and had the best meal we have had in Bali and personally one of the best I've had in a long time. Fresh ingredients and brilliant tutelage throughout. We are vegetarian and another couple were too and we had our own station and cooked some separate meals to the rest of the group as well as contributing to the mains for everyone else. Set in idyllic location with amazing hosts, everyone going to Ubud, even Bali if you come to Ubud for a few days as we have, needs to do this course! Amazing!

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

All of their stuff can speak English, and the chef was kind and expressive. The total course include pick up from hotel, market visit, teach us how to cook, cook our own lunch, have lunch...very which worth the price and can spend a good morning.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Had the most incredible morning with Puspa and all the lovely staff at Paon Bali cooking class - we did the market tour as well which was fantastic. Everything was clearly explained and made easy for us but we got to do all the preparing and cooking with step by step instructions at a good pace. Smelling all the fresh ingredients was almost as good as tasting the end product!! You get a recipe book to take home as well - best value for money!

Reviewed 1 week ago

I’m an avid chef, and foodie, and was unaware of what to order while in Bali. Not only did this class provide me with recipes to take along with my after my time in Bali, but it helped me understand the culture and different, traditional meals that Balinese families cherish both at home and in restaurants. The staff is absolutely wonderful and makes you feel at home. You don't need to be an excellent chef or know much about cooking to participate, and they accommodate to allergies.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Paon Bali Cooking Class was an incredible half of cooking and eating for me and my wife. The operation runs like a well-oiled machine. Staff is very helpful and totally in sync. I probably could have done without the market tour, as we didn’t buy anything for the class, but it was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it. Very reasonably priced too.

Reviewed 1 week ago

This class was amazing! We cooked everything from scratch! I knew exactly what I was eating and what was going into my food. The teacher and assistants are very patient and walk you through each step. The teach, Puspa, is engaging, friendly, and fun. Everyone definitely knows how to entertain a class and keep your interest.

The food was DELICIOUS!! The best food i had in Bali, HANDS DOWN!!! Very worth it

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We have a great time.

First, their response via email is prompt
We opt for the morning session, so we a quick tour to a local market, being introduced to local fruits, spices and such.
Then we have a tour to the padi field, to understand about different type of rice and their uniqueness.
Upon visiting the house, we are greeting by cute puppies and good refreshing drinks.
We are also introduced to the different temples within a balinese house, something which we didnt expect to have acquire. Very educational.
Finally we gathered at the kitchen for cooking lessons.
Puspa is very interactive and her lessons are easy to understand
We have hands on on the preparation of materials to the cooking of it.
Our cooked stuff are being served to us in phases, from appetiser, main courses and dessrts, and the overall dining is superb.
We are also given the recipe book as a symbol of our completion of the lesson