“If you love to cook and eat !”

Paon Bali Cooking Class
Ranked #1 of 43 Food & Drink in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Embark on a culinary adventure unlocking the secrets of authentic Balinese cooking, utilizing traditional ingredients and preparation methods, in a fully equipped community village kitchen. Your day starts early at the Ubud markets, where you can pick from fresh herbs & spices, crisp vegetables and choice cuts of meat, before heading off on guided ‘padi’ expeditions. Upon your return to Laplapan village, you will be warmly welcomed and expertly guided by your host, Puspa, who will help you to discover how to create your very own delicious authentic Balinese dishes.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a great thing to do if you like to cook and eat , hands on prep and cooking ,ingredients well explained class moved along well venue very clean . Great afternoon Thanks Paon

Write a ReviewReviews (3,395)

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I attended a morning cooking class with my mother in October 2012 and we loved the food but there were just too many people. Then add to that the several people who 'had to do everything' and quite a few of us were left sitting back watching (unless we got the elbows out and pushed the others out of the way!)

1  Thank Hapasi
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I loved this class, which we did in the afternoon. My impression is that class sizes are smaller in the afternoon -you don't go to the markets but you do get a visit to a rice paddy for explanation. The explanation of rice growing and Balinese family life were better than any others we had on our visit. With only 6 in our group, we go to do lots of cooking (though there was clearly a lot more going on behind the scenes!). Atmosphere and food were both great. The class was well organised and run very efficiently and professionally including all the timings. Definitely a great one!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is a classing cooking class structure with market visit, rice paddies explanations and half a day spend in the compound of a Balinese family. You will feel sincerely welcomed and at ease. Time is spend to explain local cultures and family structure.

The food is wonderful and a total of 8 dishes are prepared.

It is my second cooking class in Ubud, last year I went to the other one (in the top 2 of TRip Adv. ranking). Just be aware that the facilities have been prepared to have up to 20 participants and really, this is way too much. The day I took the class we were 19! Everything take more time and you can not have much contact with the owners mor the other participants. With so many participants, the price should be half of what it is, because it is a complete different dynamic compared to 4 to 6 people classes.

I strongly recommend the other one, more time is spend to visit the family compound, more hands on during cooking preparation and much more interaction is possible with the family.

2  Thank BOnTheG0
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Wayan and Puspa's cooking class is great! My sister and I cooked a variety of authentic dishes Balinese style. Wayan and Puspa's English is exceptional, they are very welcoming hosts! The level of hygiene was top quality and it was a great evening activity! Am going back to Ubud and will be sure to pay them another visit as my best friend wants to cook too! Thank you Wayan and Puspa - see you soon!

Been to Paon Bali Cooking Class? Share your experiences!