“The highlight of our trip”

Paon Bali Cooking Class
Ranked #1 of 39 Food & Drink in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Embark on a culinary adventure unlocking the secrets of authentic Balinese cooking, utilizing traditional ingredients and preparation methods, in a fully equipped community village kitchen. Your day starts early at the Ubud markets, where you can pick from fresh herbs & spices, crisp vegetables and choice cuts of meat, before heading off on guided ‘padi’ expeditions. Upon your return to Laplapan village, you will be warmly welcomed and expertly guided by your host, Puspa, who will help you to discover how to create your very own delicious authentic Balinese dishes.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Well arn tee (puspa)what can I say awesome and the way you all looked after my partner who was not well on the day I can only say thank you for the best time in bali and the true humanity that the Balinese people have. We will be back to do it all again and we are spreading the word back here in oz and Are using our recipe book to show off what you and your team so lovingly taught us in such a short time. Thank you

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Even it is so hot today in Ubud, I make my finger working :) to tell people reading the trip advisor comments not to miss your cooking class : it's 5 hours of happiness, learning, smiling and laughing. You both drivers, helpers, Master cooker are a great team. You are the why I love Bali so much : generosity, simplicity, and sense of humor. If one day you wish to come to Pemuteran/Menjangan, I will be very pleased to welcome you. Anyway, one day or another I will be back to attend the 2nd class.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was our second visit to Paon Bali. The first was outstanding. The second was fabulous. We brought the whole clan for a Christmas Eve day celebration. Puspa's class was the Bali trip's highlight for both generations. This class is a Must Do if you care at all about having a Balinese cultural experience during your trip.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Taking the cooking class was the highlight of my trip to Ubud / Bali!
My friend recommended to take Puspa's class when she learned that I'm going to visit Ubud. I was not disappointed and it exceeded my expectations.
Wayan, Puspa and their staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful! :)
The class starts off with a market and rice paddy tours. When we arrived at their house, Wayan gave us a very entertaining and informative explanations on Balinese family history and culture before proceeding with the cooking class.
The class was simply amazing. Puspa explained everything: from the ingredients to how food is cooked in Bali. All 10 of us in the class were given a chance to participate and to cook. Their house is also a delight to be in as it was homey and very open. After cooking, we all sat down to enjoy everything that we prepared. The food consisting of 8 dishes and dessert were very sumptuous and tasty.
It was worth it as it was not anything like the food I've tried in the restaurants in Ubud/Nusa Dua. I'm glad I went all the way to Ubud from Nusa Dua to take this class!

1  Thank faypinera
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Have done a number of cooking classes across SE Asia and Paon Bali was the best all round experience that we have had. The class commences with a tour of the Ubud markets and then you are driven to a local village where you are given a great insight to the life of traditional Bali family life. You visit the village rice fields a and then the cooking class is conducted in a well set-up family home. You get involved with the cooking of soup through to dessert and then enjoy your creations. Cold drinks and tea are provided on arrival and cold Bintang is available to purchase during the class. The class from pick- up to drop- off in Ubud was 6.5 hours and cost was 350,000 rupiah - well worth it - highly recommended.

Been to Paon Bali Cooking Class? Share your experiences!