“Not to be missed”

Paon Bali Cooking Class
Ranked #1 of 42 Food & Drink in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Embark on a culinary adventure unlocking the secrets of authentic Balinese cooking, utilizing traditional ingredients and preparation methods, in a fully equipped community village kitchen. Your day starts early at the Ubud markets, where you can pick from fresh herbs & spices, crisp vegetables and choice cuts of meat, before heading off on guided ‘padi’ expeditions. Upon your return to Laplapan village, you will be warmly welcomed and expertly guided by your host, Puspa, who will help you to discover how to create your very own delicious authentic Balinese dishes.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Couldn't agree more. A magical afternoon/evening exploring Balinese culture and cooking. Prepared 8 dishes and then ate them as evening fell and music played.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,357)

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had a great time. Wayan and Puspa are wonderful hosts and fantastic teachers. You will definitely not regret doing this course! I look forward to trying out the delicious recipes when I get home. Thanks!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you are ever in Bali make sure you experience the Paon Bali Cooking class. What a beautiful experience of the people, culture and food of Bali. We were picked up from our hotel by Wayan who could not have been more generous and caring of us. After driving us to his home we were welcomed by his wife Puspa, who showed us how to cook eight amazing traditional Balinese dishes. She kept us busy the whole time slicing, dicing, stiiring, boiling and entertaining us with her wicked humour and ever present personality. There was not a boring moment. The other participants in the class became very quick friends and we laughed for hours. My friend and I enjoyed it so much that we returned to visit Wayan and Puspa the very next day. The world is a better place because of people like them!!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have done my fair share of cooking classes around Asia and this is by far the best one. Please DO NOT leave bali without doing this class; even if its just for some great company and many laughs. Thanks Wayan and Puspa!!

1  Thank AustNOmad
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had a wonderful time learning all about Indonesian and Balinese cooking. Wayan and Puspa are adorable and very welcoming. There staff are helpful and patient as they explain and teach you all about how to prepare the dishes. We learned a lot and ate A LOT! The only suggestion or minor disappointment is that we wish we could have learned or been able to do more. We know how to chop and fry, but fanning the satay, arranging all the food on the plates etc I wish we could have been a little more hands on. Otherwise, all-in-all a great afternoon, very informative and incredibly tasty-- the best Indonesian food I've ever had!

1  Thank wmrtravels

Been to Paon Bali Cooking Class? Share your experiences!