Review Highlights
Memorable experience - must do!

Doing a cooking class is a great way to learn and experience a new place and this particular one is... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
marhz2018
New York City, New York
Cooking class in Ubud

We were picked up from our hotel around 8 am where we picked up 2 other couples we went to the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $59.25
from $34.00
from $30.00
3,746 results
All reviews puspa's home rice aunty puspa market tour yellow sauce ubud market wonderful hosts cooking school cooking experience dietary requirements fruit cooking course welcome drink recipe book food market gado gado family home
Reviewed May 31, 2011

The Paon Bali cooking class was a great experience, the food, the people and the location was fantastic. I would highly recommend this to everyone, Puspa and Wayan made the day so much fun, it’s 9 out of 10.

Reviewed May 29, 2011

We were lucky to enjoy a special evening class with only 2 other participants. This made the experience far more enjoyable as we really felt we were part of Wayan and Puspa's family. They both have such a wonderful sense of humour and are so passionate about what they do, it was a real highlight of our trip to Ubud. The food we helped prepare was excellent and to try out authentic methods of preparation (mortar and pestle as opposed to a food processor) made the experience quite special. Their home is located overlooking a beautiful valley, and just to see that was wonderful.
Thank you Wayan and Pupsa, you and the cooking course were a highlight of our holiday!

Reviewed May 26, 2011

I was also on a very large group to the cooking school but I found it an awesome group and a thoroughly well organised experience. Puspa and Wayan organise an excellent day incorporating village life, the rice fields and cooking and was by far the most interesting day I spent in Bali. Though the group was large that day I found there was exactly as much actual cooking available as you wanted to do. I learnt several new techniques I have not yet put into practice but I certainly shall do. As for the eating.... fantastic!

1  Thank Marshie58
Reviewed May 24, 2011

From the moment we were greeted by this dynamic duo of husband and wife , we were well taken care of .An interresting visit to the market where tourist would not realy go, we learn about vegetables and fruits, spices and culture .A short trip to the country side to get the real story about rice patty and living on this land .
Then we were off to the host house , clean , traditionea and fill with stories of today living .
After we got explantion of produce and recepies the guests all participated in cutting and chopping, grinding, cooking of at least 7 dishes. At two large tables we ate our realy delicious food and chat about our differents contries .The day is full of good stories ,food and our great host!!!

3  Thank vantreal
Reviewed May 23, 2011

although it was a great day, dont expect to do much cooking. We had a very large group of 24. and the most cooking i did was chop two carrots. I would not recommend to anyone wanting to actually cook a full meal then eat it (which is what i assumed a cooking class was)
I would not return.