Review Highlights
If you want to do a cooking class - this is the only one to consider!

We had so much fun on the cooking class. The dishes we made were so delicious and they catered... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
jennedwards1
London, United Kingdom
10/10 Authentic, genuine, amazing experience. Must do.

This class was easily the highlight of my trip to Bali. My family and I learned how to cook... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago

from $34.00
from $59.25
from $30.00
3,749 results
All reviews puspa's home rice aunty puspa market tour yellow sauce ubud market wonderful hosts cooking school cooking experience dietary requirements fruit cooking course welcome drink recipe book food market gado gado family home
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We had a wonderful day ! From the time the driver picked us up in Kuta till the moment he dropped us back.
Visits to all food markets,rice paddies and information about the family compounds all very interesting>
Puspa and Wayan went out of their way to include everybody and offered as much hands on as people wanted to experience.
It was a very hot day and they were continually looking out for everyone and made a point of speaking to everyone individually and finding out a little about them as well as sharing alot of themselves.
I would liken it to visiting a family you already knew ,the friendly banter amongst the staff and shared anecdotes made for a very enjoyable day for everyone ,even those who arent that into cooking.
I have noted that other reviewers have thought the class size too large,however ours was 20 people and that added to the fun mix I thought. I wonder if people would be happy to pay alot more for a guaranteed small class size .We also gained alot of interesting travel info from our fellow classmates whom we wold not have otherwise met.
Thankyou Puspa and Wayan and all your great staff for a wonderful day and we will think of you when we try and recreate your dishes!

Reviewed May 1, 2011

Our family did the Paon Cooking Class. This was the best thing we did in Bali without getting ripped off. The Hosts were very interesting and funny and passionate. Making sure that everyone was happy. Went out of there way to ensure we had enough food, especially cooking a soup for my husband and son because they didn'tlike the mushrooms.
Apparently someone wrote on there site that they talked to much, I feel people should stop and think before they make these comments, as they talked enough for us to understand the culture etc. Best day out and hands on as well.

Reviewed May 1, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our day with Puspa and Wayan. They are truly professional at what they do. The food we prepared was the best we had eaten in Bali all week. We really appreciated the opportunity to experience the market and the rice paddies where Wayan explained the intricacies of the culture. I would recommend this to those wanting a cultural and food experience within a Balinese home, and perhaps not for those wishing a one on one master class. I came away with a good appreciation of the local food.

Reviewed April 28, 2011

What can I say... We have been a little disappointed with the true Balinese food until last night. What a wonderful setting, accompanied by two funny and truly entertaining hosts with amazing food. Even got a tour of the rice paddies!

2  Thank Mr M
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Having just returned from this cooking class (not much cooking) with my wife' we found the class to be over booked ( were told the maximum was 14 but on the day there was 24 of us) even though the host's were fantastic and very welcoming it failed to teach us any real cooking.
We have done other cooking class's in Bali that offered a greater learning experience and was much more enjoyable .

4  Thank Lucia A