Review Highlights
Amazing food and great company

Can not say enough good things about this experience. My husband and I LOVE to cook and eat. This... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
X3514BLmegank
Del Mar, California
via mobile
Wonderful wonderful wonderful

The PAON Bali class is hands-down the best cooking course I’ve ever taken. The food was delicious... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Katie L
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Ubud
from $35.00
from $26.00
from $28.00
from $50.00
3,787 results
All reviews rice fields puspa's home aunty puspa market tour yellow sauce local market cooking school wonderful hosts cooking experience dietary requirements fruit cooking course recipe book welcome drink food market gado gado learn how
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Having just returned from this cooking class (not much cooking) with my wife' we found the class to be over booked ( were told the maximum was 14 but on the day there was 24 of us) even though the host's were fantastic and very welcoming it failed to teach us any real cooking.
We have done other cooking class's in Bali that offered a greater learning experience and was much more enjoyable .

4  Thank Lucia A
Reviewed April 25, 2011

We loved this cooking class. The hosts Wayan and Pupsa really go out of their way to make you feel welcome and give you a great experience. It is brilliantly organised. I agree, this was not just a cooking class this was a cultural experience. Well worth the money. Great meal!
My only criticism would be that they need to be careful about numbers. There were 20 people in our class and I would have enjoyed it even more if there had of been a max of 10-12 people. So my advise would be to ask how many bookings they have for the day you want to go. It was also a slightly long winded experience. But I still can't fault it for the food, hospitiality, organisation and experience.

1  Thank lindaatsch
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I was really looking forward to this class after excellent reviews. The hosts were lovely and it was nice to be set in the family compound. I am a vegetarian and they went out of the way to make sure I was catered for.
Unfortunately, on they day of our class there was an issue with the booking system and the class was overbooked. This meant that it wax not as hands on as expected and a lot of people missed out on doing some things. It also meant the day dragged on two hours later than expected, and I had to cancel later plans.
Having said that, the food and experience was lovely and I will assume the 'overbooking' was a one-off. As long as the classes are small and run on time, then I would recommend this for a cultural experience.

3  Thank lozross
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Read our thoughts and check out the photos of our fantastic day here :

Reviewed April 25, 2011

Nothing was too much trouble. There was plenty of opportunity to cook - but fine for those who were happier to talk and observe. The trip to the market was great and visting the rice paddy was very informative - increased our appreciation of the Balinese lifestyle. The food was truly unbelievable - flavours and textures were magnificent, big variety of dishes, and they catered without batting an eyelid for three different food allergies / avoidances / intolerances. We would recommend this experience for anyone who eats!