“Informative and interesting menu.......great fun too on 16th April”

Paon Bali Cooking Class
Ranked #5 of 44 Food & Drink in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Embark on a culinary adventure unlocking the secrets of authentic Balinese cooking, utilizing traditional ingredients and preparation methods, in a fully equipped community village kitchen. Your day starts early at the Ubud markets, where you can pick from fresh herbs & spices, crisp vegetables and choice cuts of meat, before heading off on guided ‘padi’ expeditions. Upon your return to Laplapan village, you will be warmly welcomed and expertly guided by your host, Puspa, who will help you to discover how to create your very own delicious authentic Balinese dishes.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 21, 2011

We had a fantastic experience from booking to transfers from our Villa property to Ubud market, paddi field explanations and warm hospitality in the home or Wayan and Puspa. We have already just last night entertained guests back in Sydney with some of the delicious recipes....which were well received. Have recommended to more friends who are in Bali now for Easter.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,728)
All reviews
in 35 reviews
"family home"
in 92 reviews

Reviewed April 14, 2011

It was raining that day, but the hospitality and excellent customer service made it the rain disappear. This wonderful couple let us into their home and showed us the essence of Bali and Balinese cuisine. Loved the food! They were careful if anyone had allergies or foods they couldn't eat. This was really a great experience.

Reviewed April 13, 2011

Thanks to Puspa and Wayan, I felt I was celebrating a great family feast and everyone present was family, cooking together. Starting with the market experience with Puspa, the rice fields with Wayan, and then back to the family compound to experience a home-cooked Balinese meal at its best, it is difficult to find words to express my joy and delight. I thoroughly enjoyed the preparations, especially because everything was so fresh and hands-on experience was encouraged. I was the only vegetarian that day and Puspa made sure I was not left out; in fact, I helped prepare and ate the most delicious vegetarian meai I've ever eaten. Paon Bali Cooking Class is a must for anyone visiting Bali.

Reviewed April 13, 2011

It was more than a cooking class it was a cultural experience. Puspa and Wyan were wonderful and make you feel at home. The market tour was 'golden' and Puspa took the time to explain everything even what prices to pay for certain items and we were able to taste fresh produce. Puspa was a great teacher and was support by amazing staff. The food was fantastic and the company was great. Their house was beautiful and their kitchen garden was inspirational. This was the highlight of my trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 13, 2011

This was a great way to spend a day in Ubud. We were picked up at our hotel and taken to the markets, which was an experience in itself. The food we cooked was hands down the best tasting food I had my entire trip in Bali. We were also given the recipes for everything we made on the day to try at home. My only complaint would be the size of the cooking class - there were 17 people on the day I did it. Their kitchen is quite large and they were able to handle the size, but I would have preferred a more intimate class.