Review Highlights
Memorable experience - must do!

Doing a cooking class is a great way to learn and experience a new place and this particular one is... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
marhz2018
New York City, New York
Cooking class in Ubud

We were picked up from our hotel around 8 am where we picked up 2 other couples we went to the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $59.25
from $34.00
from $30.00
3,746 results
All reviews puspa's home rice aunty puspa market tour yellow sauce ubud market wonderful hosts cooking school cooking experience dietary requirements fruit cooking course welcome drink recipe book food market gado gado family home
Reviewed April 14, 2011

It was raining that day, but the hospitality and excellent customer service made it the rain disappear. This wonderful couple let us into their home and showed us the essence of Bali and Balinese cuisine. Loved the food! They were careful if anyone had allergies or foods they couldn't eat. This was really a great experience.

Reviewed April 13, 2011

Thanks to Puspa and Wayan, I felt I was celebrating a great family feast and everyone present was family, cooking together. Starting with the market experience with Puspa, the rice fields with Wayan, and then back to the family compound to experience a home-cooked Balinese meal at its best, it is difficult to find words to express my joy and delight. I thoroughly enjoyed the preparations, especially because everything was so fresh and hands-on experience was encouraged. I was the only vegetarian that day and Puspa made sure I was not left out; in fact, I helped prepare and ate the most delicious vegetarian meai I've ever eaten. Paon Bali Cooking Class is a must for anyone visiting Bali.

Reviewed April 13, 2011

It was more than a cooking class it was a cultural experience. Puspa and Wyan were wonderful and make you feel at home. The market tour was 'golden' and Puspa took the time to explain everything even what prices to pay for certain items and we were able to taste fresh produce. Puspa was a great teacher and was support by amazing staff. The food was fantastic and the company was great. Their house was beautiful and their kitchen garden was inspirational. This was the highlight of my trip.

Reviewed April 13, 2011

This was a great way to spend a day in Ubud. We were picked up at our hotel and taken to the markets, which was an experience in itself. The food we cooked was hands down the best tasting food I had my entire trip in Bali. We were also given the recipes for everything we made on the day to try at home. My only complaint would be the size of the cooking class - there were 17 people on the day I did it. Their kitchen is quite large and they were able to handle the size, but I would have preferred a more intimate class.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

Paon cooking class was more than a cooking class. It was a wonderful insight into Balinese culture and the life that they lead. Puspa and wyan were great hosts and made us feel like we were at home. Cooking class with Puspa and her lovely staff was fab and can't wait to get home and start cooking some of the wonderful dishes that we learned. My husband that has a "don't cook / won't cook attitude" loved it also and is inspired to try some dishes at home in our kitchen! If you are visiting Ubud I would highly recommend Paon Bali cooking class!