Review Highlights
Memorable experience - must do!

Doing a cooking class is a great way to learn and experience a new place and this particular one is... read more

Reviewed yesterday
marhz2018
New York City, New York
Cooking class in Ubud

We were picked up from our hotel around 8 am where we picked up 2 other couples we went to the... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago

from $59.25
from $34.00
from $30.00
3,746 results
All reviews puspa's home rice aunty puspa market tour yellow sauce ubud market wonderful hosts cooking school cooking experience dietary requirements fruit cooking course welcome drink recipe book food market gado gado family home
Reviewed April 13, 2011

It was more than a cooking class it was a cultural experience. Puspa and Wyan were wonderful and make you feel at home. The market tour was 'golden' and Puspa took the time to explain everything even what prices to pay for certain items and we were able to taste fresh produce. Puspa was a great teacher and was support by amazing staff. The food was fantastic and the company was great. Their house was beautiful and their kitchen garden was inspirational. This was the highlight of my trip.

Reviewed April 13, 2011

This was a great way to spend a day in Ubud. We were picked up at our hotel and taken to the markets, which was an experience in itself. The food we cooked was hands down the best tasting food I had my entire trip in Bali. We were also given the recipes for everything we made on the day to try at home. My only complaint would be the size of the cooking class - there were 17 people on the day I did it. Their kitchen is quite large and they were able to handle the size, but I would have preferred a more intimate class.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

Paon cooking class was more than a cooking class. It was a wonderful insight into Balinese culture and the life that they lead. Puspa and wyan were great hosts and made us feel like we were at home. Cooking class with Puspa and her lovely staff was fab and can't wait to get home and start cooking some of the wonderful dishes that we learned. My husband that has a "don't cook / won't cook attitude" loved it also and is inspired to try some dishes at home in our kitchen! If you are visiting Ubud I would highly recommend Paon Bali cooking class!

Reviewed April 11, 2011

Our day out with Puspa and Wayun was educational and fun. Our group of 6 thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of this. It was more than just a cooking class. We got to visit the markets and rice paddies and to top it off we got to enjoy cooking at their home. Puspa was so kind and patient with all us amatuer indonesian cooks, and Wayun talk was educational and he also made the perfect host. We learnt so much, had a laugh and had the best lunch ever. WE would highly recommend this day out to all that love good food and good company.

1  Thank shellsbells2009
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Not being a cook, I had some reservations when my wife suggested we attend a cooking class, but this was much more!
It turned out to be as much a cultural experience as a cooking class. The family running the school are delightful and obviously take a great deal of pride in their culture. The food was amazing and everyone gets to sample the results with a lunch to end the day. We were very impressed with the level of hygiene and the care taken to accommodate everyone in the process. Very, very good value and very worthwhile.