“Only average ...”
Review of Warung Mendez

Warung Mendez
Ranked #70 of 820 Restaurants in Ubud
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open Kitchen style restaurant, served authentic Indonesian food,fresh prepare by Balinese group of lady's . Very friendly staff,NO MSG ADDED.
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Was disappointed in the service and average standard of food. I had noted that this Warung was quite busy the night before so decided to give it a try. I had the Chicken Satay which was nice but certainly no where near the standard of other satays I have had previously. The service was appalling, there was only one other table and I was waiting to order another drink and possibly desert, however all I got when looking at the staff who were standing around were those wonderful Balinese smiles. Whilst I enjoyed the smiles, I really would have liked to have been served, so I eventually gave up and approached the bar and paid my account. I did mention the problem to the girl when paying my account, however she just smiled.

1  Thank Karen G

Reviewed August 23, 2013

As an Englishman (and Ubud resident) who loves lamb but doesn't want to spend a fortune on eating lamb in fancy restaurants I was delighted to be introduced to the Thursday night "goat special" at Warung Mendez.
The goat knuckle (a bit like a small lamb shank) is slow roasted, very tender and very tasty. It's not got a strong taste of goat and TBH unless I knew what I was eating I would not readily have been able to identify the meat as goat so don't be put off if you've not eaten goat before.
Try it yourself (please leave some for me!)

1  Thank ubudman
Reviewed August 13, 2013

With our resort only serving breakfast this was the place we ate at every evening, the beef ribs were amazing according to my husband :)

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Had very yummy crispy chicken here for dinner & gado gado.

The crispy chicken is highly recommended.

Modestly set up, family friendly and friendly services.

Took a while to get our meal but hey it was not fast food restaurant. Overall it was a good experience.

1  Thank syd_mike
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is a great Warung with local food. I chose the chicken satay which was accompanied with rice, and pickle. the sauce was just right and the pickle was nice to have with the spiciness of the sauce- both were so good I asked for more ( and wasnt charged extra ) One of the things I liked about the restaurant was that the kitchen was open plan and you can see the chefs cooking in front of you- you can also easily see how clean it is too. Will definitely go back again. prices very reasonable. good, friendly staff

1  Thank TrishyAuckland